SASS Wire Forum

Had someone tell me

Tennessee williams

Had someone tell me we need more gun laws today. Yep, they were serious. They said we needed to do away with ARs and AKs and all those Army guns. It all started when she came into the break room while I was talking to a guy about buying his first car. This guy is 26 and just got his license. He's from californy. She asked why we had to be talking about cars and I said well, we could talk about guns. Oh she about crapped in the middle of the floor. Said shes never touched a gun and dont like them. After her tirade, I told her there's no real difference in those pesky army guns and any other semi automatic rifle. She said there should be a law against crazies having guns. I said, there is already. She said we just need more gun control laws. I said Chicago is one of the most strict places in the US for gun laws and they ain't helping them folks a bit. She said people don't need them. I said it ain't about need and wasn't her place to decide what I need. She said people shouldn't have them. I said people have drivers' license that I don't think should either but it doesn't make me right.(she had just talked about how she couldnt drive one of my company vehicles because it was too big.) She then said I've never had a wreck. I told her I wasn't talking about her specifically, I said people. Well, she just left the break room. The guy from californy, said he needed to get him a pistol. We may go shoot this weekend.

I just had to vent. I've never met a die hard anti gunner in the flesh before. That one was enough. Phew.

2 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

...... I've never met a die hard anti gunner in the flesh before. That one was enough. Phew.

You're lucky.  I've known a couple.  One was so extremely proud of the fact he had never ever touched a gun, much less fired one, he about pissed himself with pride.  Ignorance is bliss, they say.  He was so.... blissful, I was surprised he was allowed out on his own.  I've never met a man who was so determined to maintain his ignorance.

Have fun shooting.  I've turned more than one person from "I don't like guns and I'm afraid of them" to "Hey!  This is a lot of fun." just by getting them to come out to the range with me.

Angus

Bet she goes to HR and files a complaint against you. 

Don't laugh-I had it done to me for that very subject.

This person claimed 'Hostile Workplace' because I had stated I was a gun owner and she didn't feel comfortable with me there. :lol:

OLG 

Isn’t hard not to just grab ‘em and shake some sense into ‘em?

I have encountered many anti-rights ignoramuses. It takes a lot to sit or stand and calmly inundate them with facts to refute their ignorant notions and brainwashed ideals.  

46 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

This person claimed 'Hostile Workplace' because I had stated I was a gun owner and she didn't feel comfortable with me there. :lol:

OLG 

That'll be my 2nd one. This week. The first one said I singled him out to keep his office door open unless he had to have a private conversation. Guess he didn't realize I make those policies. BTW, his office smells like warmed up balistol. And, he ain't a shooter.

53 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

OLG 

She can bring it. There were 2 other people in the break room that seen her get loony. She went on a political hooha a few weeks ago. Kind of made me feel violated and pre judged. Maybe I need to see HR:ph34r:

5 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

She can bring it. There were 2 other people in the break room that seen her get loony. She went on a political hooha a few weeks ago. Kind of made me feel violated and pre judged. Maybe I need to see HR:ph34r:

Just bring in your 'therapy gun' to comfort you. :lol:

OLG 

8 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

Tell HR. Use their own tactics against them. Tell the rep that she was out of control and you feel she’s a threat. 

You’ll find out real quick of HR has any integrity. 

There are many factors about 'Gun Laws' that make many folks

have difficulty talking about.

Examples:

we have 'Gun Laws'.   There are many folks who think we can just walk into a gun store and buy

what we want..... period.   They don't have a clue as to background checks, etc....

Then we have the 'Assault Rifle'  (black rifle, fully automatic, shoots 1000 rounds a second, etc crowd)

who have no clue as to how firearms work nor any restrictions on certain firearms.

Then we got the 'Gun Confiscation' crowd who think no body should own a gun, except of course their

body guards.

Then we got the 'Gun Control' crowd.  Some of those aren't necessarily on the 'Confiscation' team but

seemingly think that if certain laws were passed,   even the criminals would somehow start obeying

the laws.

And of course, we got the 'Gun Registration' crowd that think once YOU & I register our guns,

all crime will cease to exist.  

I'm not a history buff, but I've read a couple times how Hitler and his regime managed

to Restrict, Register and then Confiscate firearms from Millions........ then rounded them up like

sheep to the slaughter and shipped them out to concentration camps.

Remind your pompous co-worker about how these gun control schemes actually work.

Sic em, TN.

..........Widder

Just a point to ponder … with many states now having or trying to pass red flag laws, all a gun hating person has to do is feel they are threatened by you owning a gun and going the authorities (and HR could be construed as an authority) to report you, and there goes your guns, confiscated with no due process. Just be careful even in the workplace.

My best come back to someone that is saying guns are EVIL and need to be banned goes something like this:

”I agree with you. I should we should abolish the 2nd Amendment. I think we should disarm everyone so that only the police and the military have guns. I also think with should go ahead and abolish the 1st Amendment, since we are taking away rights.”

This always gets a rousing response, like;

“No, that is a sacred right!” 
Or “You can’t do that. The first amendment is the basis for our society.”

Or...some other blather about rights and freedoms and such...

Then I say “Without the 2nd Amendment how long do you think it will be before you have no rights? One year, five years, ten years? Look at the history of the founding of this country. It didn’t happen overnight. It took years. How long would it be before people in government realize we have no teeth and start becoming more authoritarian? How long would it be before the media, corporations and the government collude to keep us under control under any means necessary?” (This is the bait question)

Usually I get this response (they never answer the first question):

“The government, the media and corporations already do that!”

And I respond with “And you want to take away all of our guns.”
I go on to ask them to look at the history of the Nazi party and how it came into power and then I ask them to look at similarities in our country and then comeback and tell me how long it would be before they thought our government would mirror much of what happened in the 1930’s and 1940’s. 
I never mention political parties or doctrine. I just leave it at that and walk away. 

I have made 2 converts at work in the past 6 months. :)

Death to OTTO!

58 minutes ago, Arizona Gunfighter said:

Just a point to ponder … with many states now having or trying to pass red flag laws, all a gun hating person has to do is feel they are threatened by you owning a gun and going the authorities (and HR could be construed as an authority) to report you, and there goes your guns, confiscated with no due process. Just be careful even in the workplace.

That game can and will be played both ways. Potentially ruining lives on both sides of the equation.

Rabid anti-gunners have not yet figured out THEY can also be red flagged since all that is required is hearsay, not real evidence.

A stack of cops shows up at someone's door with the idea that they are to search and find x number of firearms from a home. Someone in the home made threats...bla bla bla...  do you think the cops will ask nicely? How do you think the search will go?  Do you think this is going to go well for the home owner?

Red flag laws will be used for political and retalitory purposes.

My successes in making either converts or at least gaining grudging tolerance has been through pointing out and/or proving that while I believe every LEO I know would do so, SCOTUS has ruled police have no duty to protect citizens, even in the face of known threats (DeShaney vs. Winnebago and Town of Castle Rock vs. Gonzales). and posing the following scenario:

So, you are out and about -- shopping, theater, whatever. Someone with a gun starts shooting at the group of people you are in. Which of the following things would you rather hear?

1. "9-1-1, what is your emergency" on your cell phone.

2. Police sirens in the distance, coming your way.

3. The person behind you drawing their own gun, and telling you to GET DOWN.

God for you Tennesse Williams! It's about time we start sticking up for our rights and stop being afraid because we might hurt some snowflakes. I've spoken up before in front of people that just gasped at what I said! You know what they can do right?:lol:

I went to a co-worker's party a few years ago wearing a t-shirt from a SASS match. Had a guy start on the anti gun crap. He said he is a doctor (big mistake) and had seen the "damage that guns do" and knew the statistics on accidents with firearms. I asked him if he knew the statistics on accidents with doctors. He just had this blank look on his face so I said "You guys kill 300,000 people a year, supposedly accidentally". He just walked away.

The anti gun faction doesn't care about truth or facts, as far as they are concerned any one who owns a firearm, votes Republican and believes in ALL of the Amendments is a foaming at the mouth fanatic racist. You're not going to change their mind. Unless they start the discussion with me, I won't even talk to them.

12 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

OLG 

Well isn't that special.

It was her place to correct that situation by finding employment elsewhere.  Did you file a counter-complaint saying she was making you feel uncomfortable?  Sounds like she was making your work place a "hostile environment".

2 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Well isn't that special.

It was her place to correct that situation by finding employment elsewhere.  Did you file a counter-complaint saying she was making you feel uncomfortable?  Sounds like she was making your work place a "hostile environment".

I was her boss.

This person was terminated for failing a random drug test.

Plus, never showed up for the meeting w/state reps about the complaint. :rolleyes:

OLG 

3 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

My best come back to someone that is saying guns are evenly and need to be banned goes something like this:

Otto got you again

There was a time that I used to be able to quote numbers to these idiots.  You know, concrete numbers like lives lost to gun violence vs lives lost to drunk drivers or to "blunt" objects according to official numbers.  I would then calmly suggest that sense both drunk drivers and blunt objects are apparently more deadly than guns, perhaps they should be spending their time trying to make alcohol and baseball bats illegal.  This usually caused them to either walk away or to yell louder.  

Some people wont let facts stand in the way of their misguided beliefs.

My Cardioligist just bought his first gun.He also joined our local range.I told him if he needs help I would be glad to meet him at the range.

Largo

One thing I love (or is that loathe) about liberals is their complete lack of conviction and how they want rules that affect others but not them. Case in point, I can't tell you how many anti-gun liberals came to me (I am probably the only gun person they know) after Trump was elected asking me where and how to buy a gun now that the crazy people are in charge.

Edit: forgot to add for most of them I was their second choice. It was a real eye opener to them that they couldn't buy a gun off the internet.

1 minute ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

Case in point, I can't tell you how many anti-gun liberals came to me (I am probably the only gun person they know) after Trump was elected asking me where and how to buy a gun now that the crazy people are in charge.

***Sixgun Sheridan suddenly thinks of a great marketing idea***

aoj9473_460s.jpg

I hear ya. Last summer I got cursed at in a parking lot because I had a hitch cover on my truck with the words "God Bless America". She started in screaming about how racist America is and how that meant I was a racist, with a whole lot of expletives tossed in so I would know how serious she was. During this she was standing about 30-40; away. I just watched her until she took a step towards me. At that point I opened the back door of the truck and my 110 pound German Shepherd Java got out and looked at her. Her mouth slammed shut and she almost fell over trying to run away.  I didn't tell her that he is a complete softy unless you come onto our property.

But to address your concern, there ARE certain neighborhoods around here where wearing it would be a red flag to the wildlife there. If I have to go there I likely won't wear it unless feeling particularly ornery and I have backup.

Archived