SASS Wire Forum

Seriously? This Is Starting To Ridiculous Now

Cypress Sun

Now Chiefs fans are somehow being insensitive because of the "chop". To me, the chant and chop is annoying as hell as I don't like Florida State whose fans do the same thing.....but racist? Political correctness has been overboard for a long while. This is just inane.

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/ap-online/2020/01/30/kc-fans-under-closer-scrutiny-for-chants-tomahawk-chops

That racist thing has been alleged for decades. The Chiefs made a concession years ago by getting rid of it's longtime mascot Warpaint, which was a white stallion ridden by a guy in full warrior headdress. They'd trot around the field after a Chiefs score (which wasn't very often).

Jane Fonda was married to Ted Turner who owned the Atlanta Braves at the time, caught a lot of heat for doing the "chop" at home games. I don't know if Braves fans still do that or not.

1 hour ago, DocWard said:

They just need to change their mascot to some crusty looking Chief Petty Officer. Problem solved.

But if they did that they would have to exchange “the chop” for a motion that looks very much like holding onto a cup of coffee and taking an occasional sip. :P

The over sensitive libs managed to get rid of that cute little guy Chief Wahoo for the Cleveland Indians. I bet the name is next!:angry:

14 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

But if they did that they would have to exchange “the chop” for a motion that looks very much like holding onto a cup of coffee and taking an occasional sip. :P

And the coffee cup has to look like it hasn't been washed in years.

30 minutes ago, MAYOBARD SASS #13025L said:

I have a friend who played for the Chiefs.  He is 3/4 Apache.  He was not offended.

If I had an NFL paycheck, there wouldn't be much that offended me either haha.

But yeah to your point, I grew up with a lot of Indians (er Native Americans I mean) and not one of them has ever expressed the loss of a single night's sleep over any of these mascots. Whenever I see the protests for these things, it's almost always a crowd of young Berkeley type white girls with horned rimmed glasses holding the signs and spouting an indignant look over this "atrocity". 

As an English Literature major, what I find as seriously ridiculous is incomplete sentences. I am thoroughly appalled and offended. Who can I take this up with?

25 minutes ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

But yeah to your point, I grew up with a lot of Indians (er Native Americans I mean) and not one of them has ever expressed the loss of a single night's sleep over any of these mascots. Whenever I see the protests for these things, it's almost always a crowd of young Berkeley type white girls with horned rimmed glasses holding the signs and spouting an indignant look over this "atrocity". 

As an English Literature major, what I find as seriously ridiculous is incomplete sentences. I am thoroughly appalled and offended. Who can I take this up with?

I sorry you offend

Saw a poll from not long ago, I think it was done by the  NY Times of all places, that showed that the overwhelming percentage of American Indians had no problem with either he term “Indian” (and in fact use it most of the time) or the name of the Washington Redskins. Yet the race baiters among us continue to rant. 

Seamus

2 hours ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

The same guy that decided it was improper grammar to end a sentence with a preposition. ;)

JHC

Archived