SASS Wire Forum

Yeah...our Florida Men are back at it again!

Haz Mat response tends to be expensive!
Depending on the jurisdiction, the individual responsible can be billed for the response.

54 minutes ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

Haz Mat response tends to be expensive!
Depending on the jurisdiction, the individual responsible can be billed for the response.

Nice to know that some jurisdictions make the responsible individual pay! Maybe, if more people found out that stupidity doesn't pay, they would think before they act.

1 minute ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Methinks alcohol was a factor. At least you'd have to be a really special kind of stupid to do something like that while sober.

No, say it ain't so. :rolleyes:

Where did he/she put it?  In the waste pump-out?

Looks like a new boat; I'm gonna give the probably inexperienced owner a Mulligan; having to stand there while the public humiliation occurs, and then receive a bill for it, is sufficient punishment, and the lesson is likely learned.

LL

21 minutes ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Where did he/she put it?  In the waste pump-out?

Looks like a new boat; I'm gonna give the probably inexperienced owner a Mulligan; having to stand there while the public humiliation occurs, and then receive a bill for it, is sufficient punishment, and the lesson is likely learned.

LL

Stuck it into a rod holder and pumped the gas onto the deck....dumb ass. Good thing he didn't have a lighter in his pocket, probably would have tried to burn it off. They drive, boat and vote......lord help us.

Bill W. and I had just finished putting the head back on his wife's Ford Fiesta*.

As we had drained the cooling system, Bill then opened a gallon jug of coolant and proceeded to pour it into the oil filler.  Too late to stop him, I just watched in horrified fascination.

He emptied the jug, capped it, looked at the filler hole and said "I can't believe I just did that.  I did just do that, didn't I...?"

He had.  :rolleyes:

*Every 15 - 20k we had to replace #1 exhaust valve.  Right after the warranty had expired we discovered that the cylinder had been over-bored at the factory; piston had about .015" - .018" clearance; s/b about .003".  

5 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Nice to know that some jurisdictions make the responsible individual pay! Maybe, if more people found out that stupidity doesn't pay, they would think before they act.

I'm not sure that's how that works!  :P

I remember my drill sergeant in Basic Training telling me "ignorance is curable, stupidity can be terminal."

Archived