SASS Wire Forum

Email notifications of Wire posts?

Abilene, SASS # 27489

If this was discussed before, I missed it.  When someone quotes me in a wire post, I get an email from SASS informing me about it.  Seems like it used to do that when someone reacted to a post as well, but it hasn't done that in quite a while.  However, the notification email for being quoted used to come fairly quickly.  Then those notifications started coming between 12 and 24 hours later.  And the last time, I got the notification a full 4 days after being quoted.   I am just curious if others have the same delays.

I am subscribed to several topics and a few months ago all email notifications stoped compleatly.

If you're using gmail, yahoo, or hotmail, Microsoft mail check your spam. All of these cause delays and or marking SASS emails as Spam. I don't believe it's the sites software as much as the email services themselves.

1 hour ago, Tyrel Cody said:

If you're using gmail, yahoo, or hotmail, Microsoft mail check your spam. All of these cause delays and or marking SASS emails as Spam. I don't believe it's the sites software as much as the email services themselves.

I suppose that's possible, but my ISP is Suddenlink, and I have had no problem with other gun-related emails. 

I have also had poor luck with consistent email notification from the Wire.  Sometimes I go a month or so without emails about new posts in the Classifieds, then with no intervention from me, I start getting the emails again for a few months, then nothing again.

Note:  I am a high tech redneck and have checked all the possible issues on my side.  My guess is it may be updates to the forum software, but that is just a guess.  All my notification settings remain the same during these black out periods.

Totes

21 hours ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

If this was discussed before, I missed it.  When someone quotes me in a wire post, I get an email from SASS informing me about it.  Seems like it used to do that when someone reacted to a post as well, but it hasn't done that in quite a while.  However, the notification email for being quoted used to come fairly quickly.  Then those notifications started coming between 12 and 24 hours later.  And the last time, I got the notification a full 4 days after being quoted.   I am just curious if others have the same delays.

I have Yahoo mail and my notifications for quotes, reactions, and forums I'm following come through very quickly.  When I had gmail, they didn't.

20 hours ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

I suppose that's possible, but my ISP is Suddenlink, and I have had no problem with other gun-related emails. 

I meant the individual email services themselves, not the ISPs. I believe some of them are scanning emails and flagging them as spam, as well as delaying delivery; especially gmail.

Archived