SASS Wire Forum

When men were men...

Sixgun Sheridan

I always wanted to be a high steel worker because then I could be a Mohawk.

I like the guy in the low quarter leather soled shoes and the suit vest and tie.

I liked the beginning of it. All those people walking down the street. with a canvas tarp stretched overhead to protect them from anything that might get dropped.

I was just about to cuss otto out again. Did not recognize the initialism FIFY, and saw that your quote said "anyONE", and I was sure I had written "anyTHING".

Once I saw would had been done, I realized it meant FIXED IT FOR YOU.

I, personally, wish that when people did that (and it is a very very common thing) they would either write their correction IN ALL CAPS, or bold it, so one can immediately see what they have done.

Back in the mid 80’s I decided I couldn’t work in an electronics lab any more and decided to try looking for a job in construction. I needed to be outside but I did not want to work for a contractor on small jobs. A man I met offered to show me around his company and job site. The job I would be doing was building forms for concrete work on office buildings. 

I met him at a tall building under construction in downtown Los Angeles. I figured the work would be on the ground...I was wrong. 
We proceeded to get in one of those rickety construction elevators and he took me to the 25th floor. They were forming up floors and stairwells. When we got to the edge of the floor area near where an outside wall should be he noticed I was quite uncomfortable.
He walked over to the edge and said “Come over here and see how high we are.”

I said “Nope, I know how high we are. Sorry I wasted your time. I gotta go.”

He laughed and walked me to the elevator. 

I am a ground floor kind of guy. 

3 hours ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

Heights give me the queasies as well:mellow::blush:

I can relate to that.  Didn't used to bother me much, Utah mountains will test you for that, but the last few years I'm goosey just stepping up on a bathroom scale.

My ladies got to whining about a wasp that was flying around our office, so I climbed up on a desk to swat it.  They had to call the supply supervisor to come get me down.

Archived