SASS Wire Forum

No new guns this year, I said...

Three Foot Johnson

... I made it 26 days... :lol:

I've had Schofields before, but these will be my first Russians. One should be here Thursday, and the other one next week sometime. :)

SWno3.jpg

Two years ago I made the same resolution - no guns.  I made it 2 days.  On a phone call with an old classmate he mentioned that he had helped a friend by buying a .45 Ruger for $350. I told him I'd give him at least $375 for it and he said "sold". So much for resolutions. 

BS 

PS.  Great looking Schofields.

1 hour ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

... I made it 26 days... :lol:

I've had Schofields before, but these will be my first Russians. One should be here Thursday, and the other one next week sometime. :)

SWno3.jpg

Great googillymoogilly, those are nice!

I just sold a pair of Schofield .44-40's because I never shot them (one, maybe two matches), and wasn't really looking for these, just stumbled across them on Gunbroker, from different sellers in different states. Serial numbers are close, one seller says his looks new & unfired, and my winning bid was definitely right, so...

The other one is coming from Lock-Stock-And-Barrel, which is Lead Dispencer, I think, so it should be really, really fast... right? :P

19 minutes ago, Henry T Harrison said:

I’m looking for a Unberti or Pietta model 1862 police. I will be haunting the gun shows in my quest 

I’m unaware of a Pietta made one, but the uberti is really nice. It’s on my list as well 

I have my name on a list at Texas Jack's / Cimarron for a first model Russian (Like the first model American except for the caliber and markings).  Been looking for one ever since my original was stolen in 1985.

We'll see.  At least Cimarron has a rep for getting a lot of guns made that no one else was able to.

12 minutes ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

I just sold a pair of Schofield .44-40's because I never shot them (one, maybe two matches), and wasn't really looking for these, just stumbled across them on Gunbroker, from different sellers in different states. Serial numbers are close, one seller says his looks new & unfired, and my winning bid was definitely right, so...

The other one is coming from Lock-Stock-And-Barrel, which is Lead Dispencer, I think, so it should be really, really fast... right? :P

I’ve only shot Russians once, but it was enough to learn one valuable lesson. You have to shoot them 2 handed. 

I didn't make a 'no gun' resolution.  Actually, I'll probably get my first one in February

and it will probably be the new Walther PPQ in .22

I have the PPQ  'Q5' in 9mm.  Its my only 9mm and I really like it.   

Its about the best 'feeling' pistol I own, plus its accuracy is darn good.

And so far, it appears to be 100% reliable.

..........WIdder

11 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Thanks TC. I didn’t even know that existed. It does look off though. Like it’s made on a larger frame than a 62 but adapted to look like one. Not sure how I feel about that. I do know I prefer it to look more like this

image.jpeg.2b55f32b6dc3acb11840b7ac50bf91c5.jpeg

I have a set of Pieetta 58 5 1/2 in remmies , shot  em 1 match without having something to protect my hands 

needless to say , I blooded em real well , now I have a set of heavy leather gloves to load em with 

should get a loading tower , but then again , I be LAZY 

CB 

should have added , my 5 1/2 in 1860s got blooded also , little short loading rammers be very sharp 

On 1/28/2020 at 8:33 PM, Three Foot Johnson said:

Speaking of Lead Dispencer, he has this cutie up for auction:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/852936258

pix164442282.jpg

I work part time at a LGS.  I do well until someone comes in with a pre lock smith, or a wood and steel rifle.  So far this year, I've taken home a 1974 Ruger M-77 (walnut and blue steel), a Smith and Wesson Model 28 that had been very nicely converted to 44 Special, and a Smith and Wesson Model 36 nickel. 

A  younger guy traded the M-77 for an entry level AR.  Another one traded the M-28 for a Taurus 9mm, and the M-36 was traded in on a Shield EZ 380.  

I have no will power when it comes to classic guns.

m77 1.jpg

m77 2.jpg

model 36 ls.jpg

m28 44 ls.jpg

Just now, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

I work part time at a LGS.  I do well until someone comes in with a pre lock smith, or a wood and steel rifle.  So far this year, I've taken home a 1974 Ruger M-77 (walnut and blue steel), a Smith and Wesson Model 28 that had been very nicely converted to 44 Special, and a Smith and Wesson Model 36 nickel. 

A  younger guy traded the M-77 for an entry level AR.  Another one traded the M-28 for a Taurus 9mm, and the M-36 was traded in on a Shield EZ 380.  

I have no will power when it comes to classic guns.

m77 1.jpg

m77 2.jpg

model 36 ls.jpg

m28 44 ls.jpg

Figures.  An addict working in a drug factory.  :lol:

I was doing just fine this year until one of our club members trolled a really nice pre safety S&W 686 under my nose, All I could tell my wife was " But Honey it was big and shiney  and said Smith & Wesson on it" How could I say no.  At least she says their are worse things than being a gun junkie

1 hour ago, Willy B.SASS#26902 said:

I was doing just fine this year until one of our club members trolled a really nice pre safety S&W 686 under my nose, All I could tell my wife was " But Honey it was big and shiney  and said Smith & Wesson on it" How could I say no.  At least she says their are worse things than being a gun junkie

I take it the couch is pretty comfy.....

Texas Lizard

Perish the thought that I would ever consider such a foolish resolution.... ^_^

Pondering what I'd like to treat myself to this year.  :)

I wasn't really looking seriously, but tripped over this and jumped on it.
Old model 2002 Vaquero Bisley in 44 mag, 5.5" barrel.
Mint in box with all factory paper and box candy.

This is virtually identical to my 2002 357 in the same configuration.
Now.. I need to find a twin brother for it...

image.ruger.vaquero.bisley.00519.44-mag.01.jpg

On 1/28/2020 at 8:57 PM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I didn't make a 'no gun' resolution.  Actually, I'll probably get my first one in February

and it will probably be the new Walther PPQ in .22

I have the PPQ  'Q5' in 9mm.  Its my only 9mm and I really like it.   

Its about the best 'feeling' pistol I own, plus its accuracy is darn good.

And so far, it appears to be 100% reliable.

..........WIdder

Thanks for reminding me that I don’t currently have a 9 mm, shame on me !! Now I have to start looking! 

On 1/28/2020 at 6:07 PM, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

I said the same thing. Plan to spend the money on the ones I have. That didn’t last too long either. Just ordered a 51 from Longhunter. 

That’s how I started.  I walked my 97 to the local gunsmith to get it prettified.  Now he wants it another week and a half.  Judge Roy Bean’s monthly match is this Sunday.  So, I bought an IAC 87.  

F42C7313-1A29-4B74-AA68-54188383B2F5.jpeg

On 1/28/2020 at 6:48 PM, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

I’ve only shot Russians once, but it was enough to learn one valuable lesson. You have to shoot them 2 handed. 

I thought they were intended to be used as a cavalry pistol?

I shoot my new model russians gunfighter.

8 minutes ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

How do you reach the hammers? You must have giant thumbs

I load those cartridges pretty full, the hammers get very close under recoil.

El Hombre Sin Nombre,

I jus realized something.  The two that I shoot gunfighter look different than my third NM Russian (which looks exactly like your twins).  My main match guns are 44 russians, but they look more like 44 americans (5” bbls and no hump above the grips).  I’m gonna take the third one out this weekend... still think I can shoot it single handed, but I get what you’re sayin’

Great... now I’m looking at a pair of 5.5” cimarron 1875 outlaws.   This has got to stop.

Someone tell me these are ugly and dumb.

B8BB2E64-DACB-481F-9677-139A099DDAE5.jpeg

6 minutes ago, WOLFY said:

Great... now I’m looking at a pair of 5.5” cimarron 1875 outlaws.   This has got to stop.

Someone tell me these are ugly and dumb.

B8BB2E64-DACB-481F-9677-139A099DDAE5.jpeg

Those are some of the coolest, sexiest guns ever made, break out the credit card ;)

1 hour ago, Seamus McGillicuddy said:

How do ya holster them Ruskies?

Seamus

use holsters that don’t cover the trigger guards

321A9B5D-B2EA-4A62-B826-C7A42B169C8C.jpeg

Archived