SASS Wire Forum

wanna see some cheap grips on a cheap gun?

This place seems a bit too serious today... So how about looking at some cheap grips on a cheap gun.  I got this heritage rough rider many years ago when I had carpal surgery.  I didn't think jumping straight from surgery to 45 Colt or 44 Mag would be correct.  Didn't have money for a Single six, so I got this with both cylinders (22LR and 22Mag) for about $100.  Always thought the laminated wood grips were ugly.  Saw some imitation ivory grips (read that as white plastic) for less than $20 on Amazon last week and figured "why not".  Well, they are just a little less ugly than the original grips.  They feel ok (not great, but neither did the original grips). Works for me, this is just a "fun gun" anyways. :P

IMG-1512-.jpg

10 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

At least when you run out of bullets, you won't feel bad throwing at the bad guy.:P

That always cracks me up when I am watching a movie and somebody throws the empty gun at the same target they just failed to hit with a full magazine of ammo.  Even better in superhero shows.  How many times in the George Reeves Superman TV show did the bad guy empty his snubnose 38 into Superman's chest watching the sparking ricochets as they bounce off, and then throw the empty snubnose like that would do it.

The little .22 isn’t bad at all.  I’d say, hang on to it.

Cat Brules

1 hour ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

That always cracks me up when I am watching a movie and somebody throws the empty gun at the same target they just failed to hit with a full magazine of ammo.  Even better in superhero shows.  How many times in the George Reeves Superman TV show did the bad guy empty his snubnose 38 into Superman's chest watching the sparking ricochets as they bounce off, and then throw the empty snubnose like that would do it.

Always wondered why Superman would stand there letting the bad guy shoot at him, BUT duck when he threw the gun?  Guns must be more dangerous?   Careful, you could put someones eye out!!!     GW

1 hour ago, G W Wade said:

Always wondered why Superman would stand there letting the bad guy shoot at him, BUT duck when he threw the gun?  Guns must be more dangerous?   Careful, you could put someones eye out!!!     GW

It's all fun and games until someone ends up with an eyepatch. :lol:

25 minutes ago, Marshal Hangtree said:

Looks like the favorite sidearm of our buddies over in Montgomery, Smuteye!

I've gotta work in Montgomery and Prattville today and tomorrow.

I think I'll put my .44 Special 5 shooter down for a couple of days and break out the P.13/45.

We sell a ton of Heritage Rough Riders where I work part time, and they get rave reviews from returning customers.  Yeah, they ain't a Colt or a Ruger, but they work every time.

It may not be as pretty as a stainless single six with cocobolo grips, but it goes bang when I ask it to!   debating getting another one to have a matched pair.  For some reason, I have a compulsion to have sixguns in pairs... :rolleyes: I got two hands afterall...

I like it, no matter how ugly it is.  I find Glocks to be ugly too, doesn't mean I dont enjoy shooting them (dont tell my 1911 that I said that).

1 hour ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

I think I'll put my .44 Special 5 shooter down for a couple of days and break out the P.13/45.

With at least two extra mags, I hope.

1 hour ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

I like it, no matter how ugly it is.  I find Glocks to be ugly too, doesn't mean I dont enjoy shooting them (dont tell my 1911 that I said that).

Glocks are the perfection of ugly. :D

2 hours ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

I spent two weeks at a Police Conference in Birmingham AL back in the early 90s.  I wore two  revolvers  daily.  One on my hip and one on my ankle.  

I'm going to Memphis in a few weeks, I need an ankle holster, a small of the back holster, a blackjack, a double shoulder rig for a pair of Paraordinance 1911's, A bullet proof . . .outfit and finally and armored vehicle with 2 crew and a pair of GE electric Mini guns.

I'd prefer a tank, but the mileage is awful

7 hours ago, Marshal Hangtree said:

With at least two extra mags, I hope.

All loaded with the 200gr Corbons using the Flying Ashtrays.

I normally don't do the +P thing but the gun likes them.

The back up that's on me is a SOG Penatagon II instead of my normal CRKT M21-04 because, sometimes, you just need a big @$$ knife.

8 hours ago, Bad Bascomb, SASS # 47,494 said:

:ph34r:  Now, THAT'S just WRONG!

Regarding OP, I second Pat Riot's opinion.  In fact, it looks quite nice.

I've seen worse.

That's a Shiloh Sharps in .50-140.  I think the Walmart scope on the engraved aluminum rings just sets it off, don't you?

shiloh sharps 1.jpg

On 1/28/2020 at 3:32 PM, Cypress Sun said:

At least when you run out of bullets, you won't feel bad throwing at the bad guy.:P

Might be more economical to throw it  instead of shoot it.;)

Archived