SASS Wire Forum

Anyone remember this?

Alpo

TV show. There was some character on the show that thought he had what it took to be a professional boxer.

Sugar Ray Robinson guest-starred on the show. They put him in Old Man makeup. (Maybe said that he was Robinson's grandfather??) Then they put him in the ring with the guy that thought he wanted to be a boxer.

Of course he won, and everyone told the wannabe, "You can't even beat an old man like that - you don't stand a chance as a pro".

I can remember this scene - just can't remember what show.

Anybody? IMDB lists him as ACTOR in 15 shows, but not which episode, so I can't look that up and see if that's the one I'm thinking of.

Aaaand, I found it.

That's like you lose something, and you buy another one, and then you find the first one, right?

Can't find something, so ask for help, and then almost immediately find it.

Car 54 Where Are You. Going to fight Antoine the hairdresser, played by Rocky Graziano.

I remember a few years ago a show where it was more of a grudge match.A person that was being bullied by another.The bullied person was to have a fighter go in the ring against the bully.Mostly the Bully lost.

Largo

Lambchop!!!  Where have you been!??

Cat Brules

17 minutes ago, Patagonia Pete said:

That was Shari Lewis playing "Judy" ... :P

1355132928_sharilewis.jpg.108dbbf9cf6e8dbedf50ec0014a9ca0c.jpg

When I was a youngster I thought Shari Lewis was pretty hot.

23 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

When I was a youngster I thought Shari Lewis was pretty hot.

She was. I saw her in some special in the '80s wearing an "Oh Mercy!" gown that you would never have expected Sweet Innocent Shari to wear.

29 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

In addition to her many other talents she could dance.

Dancer, Musician, Writer, Comedian, Singer, Ventriloquist, Puppeteer. She did it all.

She was from the era when actors were not one dimensional and were supposed to have talent. 

I might have been thinking of he 1981 Christmas special.   Must have seen a rebroadcast in the early '90s.

Archived