SASS Wire Forum

Smaller motel Lodging

Shyanne Sweet, SASS#55612

We are wanting to stay at one of the smaller motels in Moriarty (not a chain) during EOT. Does anyone have any suggestions? I get nervous about reserving 'blind' and possibly ending up in a not so nice place. :)

Thanks for any info!

Shyanne

:D

Guest sawyer#34250

Don't go to Moriarity expecting to stay in a four star. Most of them are pretty old. The Comfort Inn -505-832-6666 is where I stayed last year and will again this year. It is passable considering all the factors. Rates are about as good as you can get. They have realized that SASS shooters have to stay somewhere regardless of price.

Don't go to Moriarity expecting to stay in a four star.  Most of them are pretty old. 

357605[/snapback]

Oh I fully understand that, and older motels do not bother me. I guess what I meant was, not sure how to put this, so I'll tell a little story...... Hubby and I stopped along the interstate at a motel in a smallish town late at night on a long trip. All night long we could hear doors opening and closing ^_^ . We realized the next morning in the 'light of day' it was the hang out for the local 'ladies' if you know what I mean :(

Just did not want to get in that situation again ^_^

I figured someone could point me in the right direction. I got a bit upset with one of the larger chains when calling yesterday. The rates a few days before EOT begins were close to half of what they were after it begins! I understand folks like to make money off events such as this, but that was a little extreme in my book.

Shy

:(

I got a bit upset with one of the larger chains when calling yesterday.  The rates a few days before EOT begins were close to half of what they were after it begins!  I understand folks like to make money off events such as this, but that was a little extreme in my book.

357659[/snapback]

I know what you mean. Last year, I had to stay in Silver City, NM for a couple of nights on business. I had stayed numerous times at the same Motel, for ~$30 per night. However, since a big bicycle race, the "Tour of the Gila" was on, the same room went for $105!

Looking at last night's news, there was a fire near Moriarty. I certainly hope we get some rain soon, or there might not be either a Moriarty or a Founder's Ranch. The fire danger is way, way up there, and the recent high winds haven't helped.

SS,

I have never once heard your husband complain about that past motel experience.

bb

Guest sawyer#34250

Billy Boots has just moved into forbidden territory. OK Billy, tell us what her husband has told you about his motel experiences ;)

Billy Boots has just moved into forbidden territory.  OK Billy, tell us what her husband has told you about his motel experiences :D

362620[/snapback]

Now boys... you best be careful :D hubby wasn't named 'Rattlesnake' for nothing ;)

Shy

:D

Shy,

I've seen you shoot, you can protect us from Rattlesnakes. ha.

She ya in New Mexico. You coming to Shootist Holiday first?

bb

Shy,

I've seen you shoot, you can protect us from Rattlesnakes. ha.

She ya in New Mexico.  You coming to Shootist Holiday first?

bb

363032[/snapback]

I'm not sure exactly what is going on :D Last I heard we will be in Raton the week after the Shootist Holiday and attending the OWSA match the following week. We really enjoyed that last year. But all plans are subject to change on a whim!

Shy

;)

Shy, It will be good to meet you at EOT.  I have enjoyed the items that I purchased from you.

364020[/snapback]

I hope I get the chance to meet you as well! We will only be at EOT Saturday and Sunday (last 2 days) as observers, we will be shooting the OWSA match earlier in the week. We are hoping in the future to combine the two if they should ever fall on dates that are not on top of each other.

Shy

;)

• 4 weeks later...

The " SMALL " motels in Moriarty are BIG bucks for EOT. They have to cover a whole years expenses in one week, just like the chains. T

There are/is a convention in Albq. the same week so their prices are a little higher than norrmal but less than Moriarity.

JMHO

• 2 weeks later...
any suggestions on where to stay with buckaroos.indoor pools or things for young minds to exploure.

405494[/snapback]

June is the hotest, driest month in New Mexico. Swimming in an outdoor pool is fine - WITH SUNSCREEN.

Albuquerque has more buckaroo activities than does Moriarty. Buckaroos would be happier in Albuquerque. See Youth Activities for more info. Also send me a PM with your mailing address and I'll send you a fistful of discount coupons for buckaroo activities.

appreciate the advice just made reservations at best western american motor inn in albuquerque. .i noticed the american motor inn was not on the list i got and it seems to be in the right area east of town there number is 800-366-3252 and the rates seemed reasonable to me.iam getting my horse shoed and will be ready to ride,hope to see ya at the showdown

appreciate the advice just made reservations at best western american motor inn in albuquerque.my postal adress is 165 circle dr denison tx 75021 for those coupons,thank you .i noticed the american motor inn was not on the list i got and it seems to be in the right area east of town there number is 800-366-3252 and the rates seemed reasonable to me.iam getting my horse shoed and will be ready to ride,hope to see ya at the showdown

409227[/snapback]

Coupons on the way including ones for Hinkle's Family Fun Center, Cliff's Amusement Park and the Rattlesnake Museum.

Archived