SASS Wire Forum

B Western Knife

Fat Tuesday

There is no such thing as a "B-Western Knife".   That is not one of the costuming requirements, so whether you wear a knife or not is strictly up to you.  And since you can wear whatever knife you like, (or not), it is strictly within your own taste or requirements.  It leaves it wide open as to what you wish to wear.

Costuming Rules: - Shirts must be of the “B-Western” style with snap buttons or any of the following: “Smiley Pockets,” embroidery, appliques, fringe, or different colored yokes. - Shield shirts are allowed if the shield/bib has piping or embroidery. - Pants must be jeans, ranch pants, or pants with flap over the rear pocket, keystone belt loops, and/or piping or fringe. - Pants must be worn with a belt. - Ladies may wear dresses, skirts, or split riding skirts. - Pants suspenders are not allowed. - Hats must be worn and must be felt hats only. No straw or palm leaf hats allowed. - Boots are required and must be of traditional design and embellished with fancy stitching, multi-color fancy design, Conchos, or spots. Soles must be non-grip enhancing (i.e., NO Lug soles). Lace up boots and Moccasins are not allowed. - Western spurs with rowels and spur straps are required for men. - You must choose at least one or more of the following optional items: gloves or gauntlets, scarves with slides or tied around the neck or bolo tie, coat, vest, chaps, or cuffs. - Costumes that depict leading role characters in B-Western movies are allowed as long as the costume is complete with all accessories, but the costuming must still adhere to the boot, leather, spur, hat, and firearm requirements. John Wayne, spaghetti western, and townsperson characters are not acceptable. - All costumes are expected to be fancy and flashy. The “B-Western” costuming must be worn during the entire match and awards ceremony with the exception of evening formal occasions.  SHB Vers. 24 1. pg 9

2 hours ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

Is this legal for Classic Cowboy? :ph34r:

MiniatureKnife.jpg

SHB Pg 8."knife (screw knives do NOT qualify)". Yes, I know it's not a screw knife but, the idea is that it has to be a full size knife.

What is a full-size knife? 15"? 9"? 4"? 2"?

There's no minimum (or maximum) length specified in the rules, nor any reference to fixed blades, folders, sheath knives, or neck knives, only that screw knives do not qualify, so...  :lol:

How 'bout this vintage 3 1/2" blade Ruana? Or the one on my watch chain? Is the Molnija mechanical watch even legal, as it has a reference to the Apollo/Soyuz mission, which didn't take place until 1975? Why aren't battery powered pocket watches illegal?

Rules! We need MORE rules! :lol:

Ruana.jpg

KeyFobKnife.jpg

1 hour ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

What is a full-size knife? 15"? 9"? 4"? 2"?

There's no minimum (or maximum) length specified in the rules, nor any reference to fixed blades, folders, sheath knives, or neck knives, only that screw knives do not qualify, so...  :lol:

How 'bout this vintage 3 1/2" blade Ruana? Or the one on my watch chain? Is the Molnija mechanical watch even legal, as it has a reference to the Apollo/Soyuz mission, which didn't take place until 1975? Why aren't battery powered pocket watches illegal?

Rules! We need MORE rules! :lol:

Ruana.jpg

KeyFobKnife.jpg

If you can get a woman to agree that that is full size, then ya gets to carry it proudly.

I've never had the Ruana questioned, but I've never tried the little watch fob knife.

If it ever came down to it, I'd probably have to define a blade length of no less than 4", ruling my Ruana out, as that's the length where most definitions of a covered/concealed knife becoming a concealed weapon seem to be.

How 'bout this one in a pouch on my belt? 6 1/4" blade, 14 1/2" overall when open. :P

BigFolder.jpg

3 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

If you can get a woman to agree that that is full size, then ya gets to carry it proudly.

Somehow a pard with an alias of T.F.J. talking about the size of something rings ironic.:P

Archived