SASS Wire Forum

Mini 22 peashooter

Chili Ron

Howdy,

Any ideas on how to git one of them bitty little 22 revolvers configured to work

in my big ol hands with a touch of aurtherittuss?

They look super for hiding out but I sure don't wanna miss either.

I can shoot a bearcat all day long but not so easy to hideout.

Best

CR

I never got to open mine. :(

Parents afraid I would shoot some kids eye out. :angry:

Vintage TOY PEA SHOOTER w/BAG of PEAS ammo  8" Long nos

Howdy,

Did you check out the ballistics on the 22s?????

Standard Deviation of 1?? Unbelievable. I thought 10 was great....

I gotta try that stuff.

Thank ya, thankyaverymuch.

Best

CR

Hold the grip with your strong hand, work the hammer and trigger with your weak hand.  Watch that nothing gets in front of that barrel (Ive seen more than one trigger perforated with a NAA mini revolver).

Don't waste your time with them, unless you want one simply to have. I bought one of the basic .22LR versions and I can't even keep all the shots on paper beyond about ten feet. And I only have medium-sized hands. Given the fact that the bullets often keyhole I think inherent accuracy is also a problem. Maybe if I put one of those large folding grips on it I might have better luck, but then it becomes larger than my Browning Baby .25 and still a lot less effective. Having said all that, they're very well-made and incurably cute, so it's probably worth buying one just to show it off to people. But please, find something better to protect yourself with. A Kel-Tec P-32 is actually lighter, nearly as small, and a LOT easier to hit with.

I have a NAA magnum size with the short barrel, and sent away for the 22LR cylinder for it.  Accuracy is not bad considering the size of the gun and the fact that the barrel is shorter than the cartridge.  I always wanted one, so I picked it up when it was on sale.  I consider it to have the range of a belly gun, like a derringer.  Good across a table but accuracy drops off quick after that.  Sure is easy to conceal should somebody be inclined to do so.  

As a police officer I carried one in my left pants pocket it was my “onion field “ gun. It was carried every day but seldom fired and cleaned often. I never expected it to be accurate beyond contact distance 

If I were to buy one I would buy one with the folding grip. Also, If I bought the 22 Magnum that is what I would shoot in it. Personally, the .22 LR shooting CCI Stingers or CCI Velocitors would be the way I would go. The bore of the magnum barrel is .224” vs .223” for .22 LR...if the bores are cut to specs. 

This is the one I would probably like. 
https://northamericanarms.com/shop/firearms/22-long-rifle/naa-22llr-hg/

Howdy,

Is it worth getting one with real sights??

Or are they just for looks?

I like simple but I like accurate  too as sometimes its a priority.

I gotta git to a show I guess.

Best

CR

15 hours ago, Henry T Harrison said:

As a police officer I carried one in my left pants pocket it was my “onion field “ gun. It was carried every day but seldom fired and cleaned often. I never expected it to be accurate beyond contact distance 

Not to distract from the topic, but what’s an “onion field” gun?  Never heard that phrase. 

15 hours ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

being so small, there are lots of places to keep it aside from pockets and IWB holsters.  They make a belt buckle these snap onto.  And they make neck holsters.  

Annotation 2020-01-28 150339.jpg

Am I the only on whose first thought was not “neck” holster?

Charlie Harley,   "The Onion Field" was a book written by Joseph Wambaugh about two police officers that were kidnapped by criminals and I won't share more and reveal too much of the story.   Wonderful read if you are law enforcement minded...….

37 minutes ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Not to distract from the topic, but what’s an “onion field” gun?  Never heard that phrase. 

The term comes from a Joseph Wambaugh book where two police officers in California were disarmed taken to an Onion field 

1 hour ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Am I the only on whose first thought was not “neck” holster?

Actually there's a story about a woman who apparently didn't need a holster at all as she tried to smuggle one of these little guns into a prison. I'll let you guess what I mean...

Archived