SASS Wire Forum

Colt newest addition

Rye Miles #13621

Newest addition to my Colt family. Much obliged to Geronimo Jim!;)

1978 unfired ( not for long)<_<

IMG_1957.jpg

I never could figure out why some one would buy a gun and not shoot it. If you married a virgin would you keep her that way? Great gun Rye my main match guns are 5.5" .357 Colts.

By the way, there was a new Python at the Summit co show this weekend,  $1300 by the time I saw it some guy was doing the paper work. Never got to touch it.

42 minutes ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

I never could figure out why some one would buy a gun and not shoot it. If you married a virgin would you keep her that way? Great gun Rye my main match guns are 5.5" .357 Colts.

By the way, there was a new Python at the Summit co show this weekend,  $1300 by the time I saw it some guy was doing the paper work. Never got to touch it.

Are your main match Colts those commerative NRA SAAs that you got from Cole Alan. Those were beautiful !

1 hour ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

No, but mine were NRA commemoratives and identical to those, but I had them  engraved.

IMG_0909.thumb.JPG.e8c9d1faca1c44d4174df18cd52923f0.JPG

Beautiful!!

I love Colts.  My three are 1st Generation.  Two are SAA .45 Colt one of which was made in 1896.  The other was made in 1900.  Both of these have Ivory grips.  My most recent one is a Colt Frontier Six Shooter in .44-40 with fake Pearl grips.  All three are Nickel plated.

23FB7DDE-04BC-4B07-8306-3C627D9975CD.jpeg

16F10D81-0C35-417D-B2DD-42F233D674A1.jpeg

28D204B6-D6A5-4FDD-A227-AA42D205C58F.jpeg

9 hours ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

Of course I know the difference, one is cold and hard and the other you can get ivory grips for. Maybe you should be learning from me.

Great comeback Pete!!;)

1 hour ago, Geronimo Jim SASS # 21775 said:

Rye was a pleasure to deal with.  A gentleman.

Pleasure to deal with you as well!! ;)

20 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Are your main match Colts those commerative NRA SAAs that you got from Cole Alan. Those were beautiful !

A friend of mine got those guns, he no longer shoots, might be for sale if you are interested. I got a pair of 7.5" .357 Colts that I think were from Cole, stag grips, ring a bell?

13 minutes ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

A friend of mine got those guns, he no longer shoots, might be for sale if you are interested. I got a pair of 7.5" .357 Colts that I think were from Cole, stag grips, ring a bell?

I seem to recall those commemoratives from Cole we’re 5 1/2”. (??) I’ll ask him I talk to him all the time. I may be interested in them.

3 hours ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

Yes, they are 5.5"

Cole said he never had 7 1/2” Colts. I’m mildly interested in those 5 1/2’s from your friend. Let me know.;)

Archived