SASS Wire Forum

Japanese Coast Guard Getting Under Way

Subdeacon Joe

That's not how I woulda done it.  I guess that's why they don't let me steer the boat. 

A couple of times it reminded me of those submarines drug smugglers use.  Only the submarines were sticking up further out of the water.  I recon the japanese boats have better waterproofing all the way around. 

God loves the Coasties -no matter WHAT country their from! 

I grew up with Lake Michigan as my back yard. Saw some amazing things from those guys and gals. Were and still are my heros.

I know I would have wanted to get that bow pointed into those waves and swells as soon as I could. That boat almost heeled over totally one time. I would have had to change my skivvies after that!

Sun was shining, I wounder what it's like in really bad weather at that port.

Sitting in a wooden chair on top of the hill in Southwest Missouri and I'm still seasick.

Just thinking about the return trip....headed back to the opening, with following  30 foot seas running perpendicular to the entrance, and when you make the hard turn to port to enter the channel, you get smacked broadside, and with no where to go except the rocks and the leeward shore.  I think I would be tempted to stand off for a bit, until those waves die down a bit.

Great bit of boat handling!

LL

Archived