SASS Wire Forum

Just to Funny like when my son washed my pipes

Charlie T Waite

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, meme and text

Screenshot_2017-06-14-22-45-30.thumb.jpg.7dbb0b579c72e59caace43ff34ff8a8d.jpg

My grand daughter was trying to help my father when he told her he couldn't do something with her because his gas tanks on his pick up were empty.

She filled them for him.

Cute! OOOPS.!  She filled them with the water hose.

6 minutes ago, Noz said:

My grand daughter was trying to help my father when he told her he couldn't do something with her because his gas tanks on his pick up were empty.

She filled them for him.

Cute! OOOPS.!  She filled them with the water hose.

I did that to my father's boss's car when i was about 5.  People in south Florida still scare their kids by telling about the beating I got.  

I was about 12-13 when my Dad asked me to get him a beer from the frig. He said "Make sure it's cold", so I put a few ice cubes in it! He didn't really get angry but just shook his head!:lol:

Knew a fella in college whose sister-in-law decided to be kind to him and clean his shotgun while he napped after duck hunting.  She "scrubbed all that ugly black stuff" off his shotgun.  Hot water and S.O.S. pads...!  sad-or-frown-face.gif  doh!.gif

One of my dutch oven competitors had a very bossy, fussy mother-in-law. She stayed in his home while  he went on a long business trip.

When he got back, she had cleaned all of his "dirty, yucky" dutch ovens until they were shiny and bright with steel wool and oven cleaner. 

16 hours ago, Mud Marine,SASS#54686 Life said:

One of my dutch oven competitors had a very bossy, fussy mother-in-law. She stayed in his home while  he went on a long business trip.

When he got back, she had cleaned all of his "dirty, yucky" dutch ovens until they were shiny and bright with steel wool and oven cleaner. 

He finally got parole, didn’t he?

Cat Brules

When I was about 7 or 8 one of my brothers was going to do a tune up on one of his cars ... 55 Olds, I think it was  ...  cap, rotor,  points, condenser,  plugs,  and plug wires.   I "helped" him by removing all the plug wires. 

He was patient with me, got out the Motors Manual,  then showed me and explained how the engine worked and why what I did wasn't very helpful. 

Year, 1978. My second day in the electrical trade. We were wiring a 3,000 sq. ft. house and the house was pretty much wired. The Journeyman (Rick) and primary helper went to lunch. The houses here are wired in romex type wire. While they were at lunch, I decided to "help them out" by cutting all of the romex in the switch boxes off to make them nice, neat and even. I had no idea that the wire marked with Klein notches were designating the switch legs. Well, when they got back from lunch, I proudly showed them what I had done, on my own time, to help the job along. Needless to say, he was not very pleased and didn't hesitate to tell me so. He did explain why I had just added 6 hours to the job. Even after 42 years and being his boss for the last 20 years, he still gives me grief about that. We are still good friends and look back on the incident with humor.

About 20 years ago, in addition to my accountant duties I was the de facto "IT Guy" at work.  About 35 - 40 women and me in the facility;  (I ain't gonna comment further on that at this time! :wacko:).  The former IT guy had left and I was assumed by all to have inherited that responsibility.  

Anyway, not atypical of that particular demographic, there were frequent "re-arranging" exercises.  Move furnishing.  Move file cabinets.  New carpet or drapes.  Paint that wall.  And the biggee... swap entire department offices.

So one afternoon after another of those office swaps, I got a flurry of phone calls:  "I can't get the internet!"  "I can't get to my files on the server!"  "I can't get my email!"

Egads!  Alrighty, then...  

I set out to troubleshoot the problem, and determined that indeed an entire section of the building had "gone dark."  Testing various workstations, I ended up in a particular large office area that had just the previous week been occupied by a new group of women.  And all their computers were offline.  I finally stood in the center of the office and slowly turned, rubbing my chin and pondering.  Something was not right...

There!

"So Ladies... what happened to the router that was on top of that bookcase?"

"Router?  Whats a router?"

Oh my.

"Well, it was a blue box with blinking lights and a bunch of wires plugged into it."

"Oh, THAT thing?  Well!  We thought it was ugly and weren't using it for anything, so we got rid of it."

WHAT??

As calmly as I could, I explained that it was a critical piece of equipment and that it's removal was undoubtedly the cause of lost connectivity.  "So where is it??"

I finally found it on a pile o' rubbish destined for the dumpster.  I rescued that poor li'l router and it's power supply and set about to re-install it.

But when I emptied and moved the bookcase to access the cables and re-attach the router, another surprise.  There were no cables!

"Uh... Ladies?  What happened to the cables?"

"What, those ugly gray wires?  Well!  Since we weren't using that blue box thingee, when we moved it we cut off those ugly gray wires and put that plate thing over the hole in the wall.  It looks SO much better!"

It took an entire day and a half to run new cables to the server room and to the other offices served by that router.

silly.gif   party.gif

There MUST have been a ringleader.  There always is.   It’s usually the dumbest one, with the biggest mouth.

Cat Brules

Archived