Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Raylan

Have Gun - Will Travel

Recommended Posts

Just aquired the entire series Have Gun - Will Travel. Takes me back to watching it on my grandparents black and with tv (in reruns) as we didn't have a tv at the time. Miss those old westerns - remember watching the rifleman, bonanza, gunsmoke, maverick, high chaparral, and f troop. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Raylan said:

Just aquired the entire series Have Gun - Will Travel. Takes me back to watching it on my grandparents black and with tv (in reruns) as we didn't have a tv at the time. Miss those old westerns - remember watching the rifleman, bonanza, gunsmoke, maverick, high chaparral, and f troop. 

They’re all on cable, MeTv, Grit, Get Tv, COZI, Westerns channel to name a few. I just watched  an hour of the Rifleman and an hour of Wanted Dead or Alive .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always like Paladin.  The only thing that bothered me about the opening was when Paladin drew and cocked his gun, pointing it toward the camera, said his say, then uncocked the gun and slammed it back into his holster...presumably with the firing pin resting on the primer that was now under the hammer!  Could just see him as a standin for Hopalong Cassidy! :o :rolleyes:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I have the series on DVD and the remastering is excellent. I picked up the entire series of Wanted Dead or Alive out of a bargain bin and once again the remastering is excellent.  We just bought the newly released 10th season of Bonanza from Amazon.  They only come out every couple of years, but the picture quality is like it was just filmed yesterday.  It took about 8 or so years to go from the release of the 1st season to the 10th but, well worth the wait.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Paladin's facial expressions.  Richard Boone was a master at conveying how he felt at every moment with expressions alone.

 

Nicholas Cage could take some lessons.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

I like Paladin's facial expressions.  Richard Boone was a master at conveying how he felt at every moment with expressions alone.

 

Nicholas Cage could take some lessons.

 

 

Did you notice that when another actor is speaking his/her lines to someone else and Boone is in the frame, he sometimes flicks the fingers of his right hand continuously, which is down by his side.  I have noticed that several times in different episodes.  It's almost like he is reacting negatively to how the other actor is reciting his/her lines..  I could be wrong on that part, but, he does it quite often.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Buffalo Creek Law Dog said:

Did you notice that when another actor is speaking his/her lines to someone else and Boone is in the frame, he sometimes flicks the fingers of his right hand continuously, which is down by his side.  I have noticed that several times in different episodes.  It's almost like he is reacting negatively to how the other actor is reciting his/her lines..  I could be wrong on that part, but, he does it quite often.


Thanks, I’ll watch for that!  Good actors know that motion draws the eye and do that kind of stuff to keep attention focused on them.  Watch Steve McQueen in The Magnificent Seven.  He’s always in motion, adjusting his hat, fiddling with shotgun shells; he gave a clinic in scene stealing in that movie!  :D

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J-BAR #18287 said:


Thanks, I’ll watch for that!  Good actors know that motion draws the eye and do that kind of stuff to keep attention focused on them.  Watch Steve McQueen in The Magnificent Seven.  He’s always in motion, adjusting his hat, fiddling with shotgun shells; he gave a clinic in scene stealing in that movie!  :D

Exactly, and he wasn't subtle about it either.  I read that Yul Brenner said to Steve that if he continued that, he (Yul) would take off his hat and no one would look at you (Steve) again. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Buffalo Creek Law Dog said:

Did you notice that when another actor is speaking his/her lines to someone else and Boone is in the frame, he sometimes flicks the fingers of his right hand continuously, which is down by his side.  I have noticed that several times in different episodes.  It's almost like he is reacting negatively to how the other actor is reciting his/her lines..  I could be wrong on that part, but, he does it quite often.

He is ready to draw if he needs to, that is his draw hand, just a guess is all LOL

 

 

All for now JD Trampas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

I like Paladin's facial expressions.  Richard Boone was a master at conveying how he felt at every moment with expressions alone.

 

Nicholas Cage could take some lessons.

 

 


John Malkovich comes to mind

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is probably my fav of the old westerns.  Love it so much I named one of my heelers Paladin.  When he was a puppy I taught him to come when I would play the theme song for him. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 9:37 AM, Buffalo Creek Law Dog said:

Exactly, and he wasn't subtle about it either.  I read that Yul Brenner said to Steve that if he continued that, he (Yul) would take off his hat and no one would look at you (Steve) again. 

 

Apparently Steve and Yul didn't get along well during the filming of that movie. Steve didn't like the fact that he didn't get any of the good lines (hardly any at all, in fact) and Yul was unhappy working with another A-list actor who was taller than him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The wiggling of fingers on my right hand, my gun hand, is something I’ve done since I was a little boy, about five or six.  I still do it in confrontational situations.  Back then, it was in nervous anticipation, loosening up my hand and waiting for my brother to reach for his cap pistol.  He was always faster.  :rolleyes:
 

Cat Brules

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

im in the background watching others acorsThe wiggling of fingers on my right hand, my gun hand, is something I’ve done since I was a little boy, about five or six.  I still do it in confrontational situations.  Back then, it was in nervous anticipation, loosening up my hand and waiting for my brother to reach for his cap pistol.  He was always faster.  :rolleyes:
 

Cat Brules

 

 

 

 

His wiggling of his fingers in the scenes that I watched had nothing to do with him ready to draw his gun.  It was just him watching two other actors reciting their lines.

Edited by Buffalo Creek Law Dog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.