SASS Wire Forum

Never mind I fixed the pproblem

Bubba Bear, SASS #26793L

Took my 97 apart to replace the left side ejector.  got it apart, replaced the ejector (yes I finally cleaned everything while I was in there).  Put it back together, BUT the trigger is not engaging the sear.  What did I do wrong?

Bubba Bear

No need to take one apart to replace the ejector - you must have meant the left side extractor...?

I just put a new one from The Smith Shop in one of my '97's a couple days ago - $49, but he says it'll last forever. 

1 hour ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

No need to take one apart to replace the ejector - you must have meant the left side extractor...?

I just put a new one from The Smith Shop in one of my '97's a couple days ago - $49, but he says it'll last forever. 

And, you might be talking about the Ejector Spring, which is screw-mounted on the exterior of the left side of the Receiver....that’s not the Ejector.  The Ejector Pin itself is inside the Receiver.  It has a pin on it that goes in a mounting hole.  It is small, hard to see, and can get stuck in there, but also, it could just fall out if you’re not looking for it or if you do not know it exists!   So, be careful.

Cat Brules

The ejector spring doesn't eject? 

Looks like Winchester called that piece an "ejector pin", but I don't see how it can work as an ejector, as it's behind the spring ejector...?

4 hours ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

The ejector spring doesn't eject? 

Looks like Winchester called that piece an "ejector pin", but I don't see how it can work as an ejector, as it's behind the spring ejector...?

They both work together to eject the fired hull.   Spring is supported by the pin so it won't break off so often.  Spring does most of the work.   Pin sits there. 

Good luck, GJ

Archived