SASS Wire Forum

Stuff Can't Buy from Reloading Suppliers in Reloading Room

John Boy

5 hours ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

Like Three Foot Johnson said.  I use a RCBS plastic funnel, which works better than metal.  It does not work if you load up black powder.  Powders such as Titegroup that leave a lot of room in the case can be heard fairly easily.  Of course, if one has bad ears, it doesn't work at all. 

Is there a funnel that works with 38 special?  Not sure which one to try while googling.

22 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Why did everyone forget BANDAIDS  :o    You NEVER get near anything mechanical without BANDAIDS  :ph34r:

Well, just chalk that up as one more thing I was wrong about.  I thought you could just rub gunpowder on a cut.  If it's real bad, apply some heat. 

118292502_Q-TipsJan2020.jpg.516315f9438f0ac278fbd77c0fddf42c.jpg

There is a new Dollar Tree next door to Aldi where Sawmill Mary stocks up the chuck wagon. 

I do a stroll through Dollar Tree to find all sorts of things to "repurpose".  These Q-tips things have two steps in size. The small end is just right to get into nipple holes on cap gun cylinders.  The fatter section is good for swabbing out the cylinder chambers and outside around the nipple cuts.  55/$1. 

2091315691_Stevens250firingpinsJan2020.jpg.a8376d196021c3333a8f249df0f209ab.jpg

I've used Bluecreeper for years when working on our sawmill and other equipment.  Even when assembling new parts I would coat with Bluecreeper to keep them from rusting. 

I used it today to get the firing pin retaining screws on my 250 Stevens project gun to break loose.

https://bluecreeper.com/store.

Archived