SASS Wire Forum

Really good Uberti video

Warden Callaway

Very nice video. 

I liked how he "tuned" the hammer spring - with a hammer in the vice.  And seeing the process of making the guns.

The music was great as well.

But when the lady wash shooting, the pistol was speaking  in Italian. :D:D:D

Wow a lot more hand tuning and fitting goes in to every Uberti's.

Then a lot of people  believed .

So Saith The Rooster 

I loved the scenes of the primary machining processes. Could have come from the shop I retired from! I always wondered if cylinders weren't done on a big bore Swiss Style lathe, these are. Perfect way to keep everything in line. Great video, thanks for posting.

37 minutes ago, Rooster Ron Wayne said:

Wow a lot more hand tuning and fitting goes in to every Uberti's.

Then a lot of people  believed .

So Saith The Rooster 

There has to be hand finish work. Even with perfect, fresh tooling installed the best CNC out there will still leave burrs and sharp edges. Just look inside a Vaquero  LOL

! The advantage Uberti has is their labor costs them a fraction of what Colt or Ruger's does so they can do more by hand. 

Hey Rooster :lol:

Lots more hand fitting because the parts don't necessarily fit.

Doc X,  Best perhaps you do a mite of research.  Average wage for manufacturing in Italy is 17.9 Euro.  Thats $19.72 this side of the pond.  Don't see where Labor Cost in Italy is much if any cheaper than here.

Great Vid,,,,,,,, Makes me Want more Machine Tools For My Shop .... The little Green Monster has reared his Head ...

But as the Wife says ,,,," You are Supposed to Be Retiring " .......

Jabez Cowboy

30 minutes ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Hey Rooster :lol:

Lots more hand fitting because the parts don't necessarily fit.

Doc X,  Best perhaps you do a mite of research.  Average wage for manufacturing in Italy is 17.9 Euro.  Thats $19.72 this side of the pond.  Don't see where Labor Cost in Italy is much if any cheaper than here.

CC,  Two way street pard, a class A machinist where I worked was $28.50/hr with full benefits, you quote average wage in Italy. Did you research what Uberti actually pays?

Archived