SASS Wire Forum

Does MEC offer a rebuild service like Dillon?

Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329

Howdy folks:

I have an older MEC sizemaster that has loaded thousands of shells in its day.

Well, the sizing collet just broke -- Petals coming out -- I I just wondered if they do a rebuild like Dillon does on their 550s & 650s.

It's old & tired & could use some refurbishing.

Do the new sizemasters use the same chargebars, bushings, & everything as the old ones?

-Dawg

Yes they do 

The below was pulled off ther web site https://www.mecoutdoors.com/troubleshooting-information-sr

Do you offer a repair service?

• Yes, Mayville Engineering Company (MEC) offers a full reconditioning service at our facility. Our service rate is $65 per hour plus parts and shipping. Our goal is to ship your machine back within 2 weeks from the date we receive it. Depending on our workload this may or may not be possible. As one of our valued customers you can count on us to return your machine as quickly as possible.
  • When sending your reloader to the factory for servicing, we ask that you pack newspaper or cardboard around the machine. If using styrofoam peanuts PLEASE place the machine inside a garbage bag before filling the box. DO NOT send the shot and powder bottles, primer feed tray or chute but DO include a note stating what you want done, list the components you use, and include your physical shipping/billing address with daytime phone number. We accept Visa, Master Card, and Discover for payment.

From several folks on other shotgun oriented sites, they have a VERY good reputation for excellent repair work.  There are one or two other small shops that are cheaper and maybe a little more experienced.

Good luck, GJ

I sent in my 9000G to MEC a bit over a year ago , runs like new now. They sent back the replaced parts in a bag , from the looks of them it was a wonder it was working at all before I sent it in.

I am totally happy with the results. Do not remember what it cost , but was worth it to me.

Rex , who still keeps an eye on that flushinger primer system. :D

Archived