SASS Wire Forum

Electricity Is Nice To Have Again

Yul Lose

Our power was off from 9:45am until 6:20pm yesterday because the power company was installing new steel poles by helicopter. They are replacing all wooden poles with steel poles in their service area. I don’t know how many they placed yesterday but I saw them flying in with 6 or 7 of them as their staging area was just up the road rom my house. I used my little Honda eu2200i generator to run the routers,  drill press, small bandsaw, etc.. but I sure needed my table saw, joiner, dual drum sander and planer throughout the day. I went over to the table saw more than once yesterday to use it and it didn’t come on when I wanted it to:o. So everything is right with  the world again. Lighting wasn’t a problem as I installed Solatube lighting when I built the shop.

PG&E replaced our power pole yesterday too.  They put another wood one in. The original pole had too many woodpecker holes in it. It took three huge trucks and three pickups.  Every one had two people in them. It took four hours.

We have a generator that will run everything.

Be glad that the higher amp stuff didn't want to run. Would have bogged down any way and possibly damaged the motor due to low voltage. Glad you got your power back on. Same for you Allie.

Yeah, out of six people, they need three to work and three to offer suggestions.  

Cat Brules

Archived