SASS Wire Forum

Bar S Tru Ivory grips

Forty  Rod SASS 3935

Opinions, please.  I have several pairs of faux ivory from other companies and the only one that is even remotely satisfactory is the old Ivorex micarta grips from Tyler in Oklahoma, who has been out of the business for many years.

I have a pair of very special 1860 Army revolvers that are begging for "ivory" grips and I don't want to be disappointed with fit and appearance.

My pair of USFA are wearing Tru Ivory. "Slightly aged" I think they called it.

They had me send them the grip frames from my guns and they fitted them.

I've been quite pleased with both the color and the fit.

I thought they had gone out of business, though.

US Firearms SAA, 38 WCF.jpeg

They might have gone under.  I can't reach them but Eagle seems to have what I want.  Pricey, but maybe worth the cost.  Can anyone tell me about them?  Seem a lot more professional than the fir two so-called grip makers I had give me what I wanted.(Faux ivory one piece grips for Uberti 1860 Army revolvers with three screw frames and no cuts for stocks.

I already have nearly $800.00 each in the two guns including nickel plated back straps and trigger guards. initial tuning (springs, timing, nipples, etc.)  by Rowdy Yates and some work by Fink's Custom Gunsmiths in Chino Valley, Arizona, plus over $700 for gun belt and holsters from Rick Bachmann up in Florence, Montana.

These and one of the new first model Russians from Texas Jack (if /when they ever get here) will likely be the last guns I ever buy.  Yeah, Right!  

I want them, I've earned them, I deserve them, and I can afford them.

Howdy,

Ive been to Eagle a couple times.

The folks there want to do a decent job.

The problem is the materials.

They made some great buffalo horn grips but by the

time I had the money for them, no more materials to make a grip.

That imitation Ivory looks good.

Best

CR

Archived