SASS Wire Forum

About to hang up my spurs

Hillbilly Drifter

On 1/24/2020 at 9:02 PM, Waimea said:

I do a bunch of travel shooting and I can tell you that I couldn't afford to do half of it without camping. I don't have a trailer either. I camp in a tent. It makes shooting affordable, it's challenging at times and it's FUN!

Waimea

Waimea should you ever find your way in my direction you'd be welcome to toss out your bedroll next to the fire pit. Just give me a heads up so I can get ya to hand deliver some of those outlaw bullets while you're here!

T.F. Jack

9 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

HD-

because you are shooting a category other than Classic.

:D

BLASPHEMY!!!!!

I'd appreciate it if you not use that language on a family forum!:P

I drive 2hrs plus depending on traffic and stops to attend monthly matches of either a regular SASS club or my sass/WASA club. I travel east to my wasa club. In the course of a year we shoot at least 2 of each, a WB, a BAMM, a 2 inch snubnose match and  a Josey Wales match. We shoot these in a regular 4 th Saturday monthly match that always accommodates cas shooters. I got burned out on sass years ago but have recently tried out my cobwebby vaqueros, they still shoot. And everything I shoot is as a  duelist.. You have to have some variety or anything will get stale. BTW, yesterday we shot our snubnose match. I wore my pinstripes and fedora and carried a nickled 1911 and a .38 New Service on my weak side and shot it left handed. Thought that I would try to teach myself to shoot left handed this year. Only a couple of misses but slow. Here’s an old photo from another 2 inch shoot. 

7342C90B-04F7-4717-AF89-2FAE37745B2E.jpeg

18 hours ago, Turkey Flats Jack said:

Waimea should you ever find your way in my direction you'd be welcome to toss out your bedroll next to the fire pit. Just give me a heads up so I can get ya to hand deliver some of those outlaw bullets while you're here!

T.F. Jack

Thank you, TFJ.

That's a generous offer.

W

Hang the spurs, if you must.

BUT DON'T EVER HANG UP THEM GUNS!!

Been reading this thread for a bit and have a thought or two.

If you're thinking you need a break, you're already past due for one. Take a break, get some air, your friends will still be your friends, the pesky targets will still be there, and your guns will always be ready.

I'm a car guy from the day I could pick up a wrench. It was almost tradition that I would be engine swapping, suspension upgrading or some other hotrodding on Christmas day. I worked for a shop for 20 plus years with few vacations because going to car shows or races were my vacations. 

The short story is I burned out and walked away 6 years ago. I almost really hate it now. It's been 5 years since I've even touched my own projects. I'm just now gettin back to it.

Seriously, if you need a break, take some time off. Get some perspective then come back at your own pace and just have fun.

I've read this thread since its inception. Unfortunately, I didn't have any advice. Today, I have a few bits of advice that I've given myself as I ponder similar things.

As long as you have friends in CAS, please stick with it.

If you need a break, scale back. Don't sell anything yet.

Archived