SASS Wire Forum

Cabin fever 2020

Warden Callaway

I'm setting in my recliner kooking at it snowing on top of a couple inches of snow on top of about 24 hours of drizzling,  freezing rain.  Because we didn't have to go anywhere, we won't.  A couple of days "homebound" is endurable.  But week after week of 2-4 days of nasty weather is starting to wear us down.  

My dad would put on a 5 gallon pot of soup and put puzzles together.  I'm not there yet.  I'm reloading black powder shotgun shells to be ready when we start up in the spring. 

33 minutes ago, Muleshoe Bill SASS #67022 said:

BUT!!! You do not have 23 1/2 hours of night !

There is that.  A month ago the sun wasn't up until about 8:00am and was getting dark by 4:00pm.   Now it's more like 7:00am to 5:00pm. 

I plan out the yearly shooting schedule in January.  I just mailed off 5 match applications today.  I'll probably do a couple more later in the year but I''ll let the checkbook recover first.  Now I've got to plan out places to stay and things to do on the way to and from these matches.  The job of a retiree is never done.

We were in Wally-World on Tuesday and they were removing winter products and putting out spring stuff. 

Many years ago I had no problems with days like today.   I'd bundle up, grab Dad's Remington 121 22 pump and go out rabbit hunting or just galavanting around the hills.  I'm not so inclined to do that any more.  The cold creeps into my old bones. 

It's even worse When You's out in da Cold and Ya Can't Find da Cabin ......

45 degrees and almost no snow left .......

Sitting here looking out at My Brown Hay field ...... Should be Loading .38 WCF ,,, but still not over da Cold ....

Jabez Cowboy

Still locked in the cabin.  A wet snow fell all night and is still doing "something" now.  We are caught in the backspin of the system that's hitting east of the Mississippi now.  When it stops, I'll go out and start clearing the road. 

Archived