SASS Wire Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Happy Appy

Loading a 97

What is the difference closing a rifle action and loading 10 or closing a 97 and loading 4?

'97s and doubles compete in the same category, so the open and empty action supposedly "levels the playing field".  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The people with mouse-fart .32 loads in Single Sixes, steel lined speed holsters, short stroke kits and lightened springs don't want anyone to get a competitive advantage.

• Haha 5

I thought the difference was that one was legal and the other wasn't. :ph34r:

• Like 2

It's legal,  if the stage sez you can stoke.

Some clubs have it as SOP at monthly matches.

Sure is fun to run a stoked '87 or '97. ;)

OLG 

• Like 2

I don’t think it is illegal (SASS Rules) to stoke a Win97 on the clock, even if the stage instruction stands mute on the issue.  But, if the stage instruction says you may not stoke the ‘97 (on the clock), then obviously, it is not permitted.

i think that is correct.

i don’t like the thought of allowing either a pump or sxs to be pre-loaded (pre-stoked) at the loading table..

Cat Brules

• Like 1

OK, kind of a lame question, but has anybody timed a stoke 4 and shoot against the traditional double barrel boogie?

1 hour ago, Cat Brules said:

I don’t think it is illegal (SASS Rules) to stoke a Win97 on the clock, even if the stage instruction stands mute on the issue.  But, if the stage instruction says you may not stoke the ‘97 (on the clock), then obviously, it is not permitted.

i think that is correct.

i don’t like the thought of allowing either a pump or sxs to be pre-loaded (pre-stoked) at the loading table..

Cat Brules

If you load the SG at the firing line like what is done in W3G.

Not an issue....

If it isn't stated OK to do so in the stage writeup, or as SOP for the club. Stoke'n will get ya a 'P'.

OLG 

Shotguns are always staged open and empty and are loaded on the clock unless the stage begins with the shotgun in the shooter’s hands. 

SHB p.16

Pump and lever action shotguns are allowed to load no more than two live rounds at a time in the main match stages unless specified in the stage description.  In team events, shotguns may be loaded to their maximum magazine capacity.

SHB p.27

Edited by PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L
  • Thanks 3

Thanks, PWB.

CB

• Like 1

This is why I cherish the unaffiliated clubs.   I moved 3 states and lucked into another one nearby.

Edited by WOLFY