SASS Wire Forum

Loading a 97

Happy Appy

I don’t think it is illegal (SASS Rules) to stoke a Win97 on the clock, even if the stage instruction stands mute on the issue.  But, if the stage instruction says you may not stoke the ‘97 (on the clock), then obviously, it is not permitted.

i think that is correct.

i don’t like the thought of allowing either a pump or sxs to be pre-loaded (pre-stoked) at the loading table..

Cat Brules

1 hour ago, Cat Brules said:

I don’t think it is illegal (SASS Rules) to stoke a Win97 on the clock, even if the stage instruction stands mute on the issue.  But, if the stage instruction says you may not stoke the ‘97 (on the clock), then obviously, it is not permitted.

i think that is correct.

i don’t like the thought of allowing either a pump or sxs to be pre-loaded (pre-stoked) at the loading table..

Cat Brules

If you load the SG at the firing line like what is done in W3G.

Not an issue....

If it isn't stated OK to do so in the stage writeup, or as SOP for the club. Stoke'n will get ya a 'P'.

OLG 

Shotguns are always staged open and empty and are loaded on the clock unless the stage begins with the shotgun in the shooter’s hands. 

SHB p.16

Pump and lever action shotguns are allowed to load no more than two live rounds at a time in the main match stages unless specified in the stage description.  In team events, shotguns may be loaded to their maximum magazine capacity.

SHB p.27

Archived