SASS Wire Forum

Las Vegas shotshow, any shooters out there ?

Three Gun Cole

Good luck.  I check for YouTube videos from the SHOT show for coverage of gun and stuff I'm interested in but all they cover is all the latest wizz-bang technicool guns and gadgets.   You see the cameras pan across a lot of nice stuff but it gets little attention.  

13 hours ago, Three Gun Cole said:

Thanks for the info,

I was hoping a Las Vegas local shooter would stop in and check out what Winchester is doing for the 1873 2020 shotshow rifle.

Here is a picture of the 2018 Shotshow rifle

0FD6E0C0-6C57-4236-9D15-10A2BBBBCFC0.jpeg

I looked at the Winchester web site and they have the Shot Show specials listed.  The 1873 looks to be the same as the one pictured.  According to the options tab they can be had in 45Colt, 38/357 and 44-40.  MSRP $1,800.

Henry has released tactical versions of their pistol and rifle caliber rifles.  Black synthetic stocks, loading gates, taller sights (I think) and threaded barrels.  Definitely trying to break into the tactical/silenced market.  Suprisingly Lever Guns work well silenced, they are tolerant of heavier bullets for subsonic work, they're easier to maintain (no gas systems to clog due to higher pressure) and they're surprisingly robust/easy to scope.

Now for cowboy action shooting these guns would be verboten and shunned, but overall kudos to Henry for trying something.

What I would love to hear from the SHOT show is that Rossi is starting to crank out Ranch Hands again at Rossi prices instead of what Chiappa is charging. 

Any innovation in SASS/CAS announced at the SHOT show would probably be lambasted/scorned/deemed illegal for some reason or another (Uberti's 380ACP revolver?).  Also, how much innovation can their be when you're limited by rules to a small select crowd of arms designs and rules?  The only thing I could think of would be Ruger upsizing the Wrangler to make an affordable Vaquero but then they'd be undercutting a primetime member of their pistol lineup.

Finally, I'm hearing lots of not-so-good info about Colts new Python.  I think someone said it best here that its sad when there's a plethora of companies (foreign and domestic) that can build their bread-n-butter wares (Revolvers, SAAs, AR-15s) better than they can.

I know that Hud is going to be doing a feature on what he did and say on "The Gunslinger Hour, this Sunday morning... tune in! http://www.kabc.com/the-gunslinger-hour/

Cheers,

FJT

The Cimarron 10mm leaves me underwhelmed.

Cat Brules

• 2 weeks later...

Archived