SASS Wire Forum

Millennials!

Bwrnie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren want to give them EVERYTHING!!!   :wub:

A lot of these kids are hard working with good values.  Just because the whiners get all the publicity, don't sell the others short.

Duffield

Well, youths have been complained about, disparaged, fretted over and disdained for millennia so “Millennials” have the right name...

I don’t recall what we were called as a teen but I do recall the complaints, the sideways glances and the general disdain my presence elicited from some people...I turned out all right...:D

As with any group, the entire group is identified by the worst example.  I know some Millennials that are fine human beings and I am proud to know... but on the larger view, are the good ones the exception or the rule?

Maybe I am just getting a little too cynical, but I am finding the "good ones" of any group are more of the exception than the rule.

Except for the group here!  The Wire, and SASS in general, has way too high portion of "good ones" compared to other places and groups. 

Spending 5 years in the Portland OR area totally skewed my impressions of Millennials. In Portland you encounter the worst of the Millennial Generation. 
There’s a joke I heard often in Oregon: 

“Where do Millennials go to retire?”

The answer “Portland”. 

Being here in SoCal this past year has changed my perspective on Millennials quite a bit. For the better. 

Grandsons #1 and #2 are Eagle Scouts and during their Christmas holiday (UNC-Ashville and Berklee College of Music) built their other Granny an extension to her deck.  Fine young men.  And yes, they can be bribed with food.

7 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Well, youths have been complained about, disparaged, fretted over and disdained for millennia so “Millennials” have the right name...

I don’t recall what we were called as a teen but I do recall the complaints, the sideways glances and the general disdain my presence elicited from some people...I turned out all right...:D

Did you now?  I hadn't noticed.  I thought you were one of us advanced age beatniks.

7 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Did you now?  I hadn't noticed.  I thought you were one of us advanced age beatniks.

I will be 59 in 3 days...I am but a “pup” ;)

Boxing Cannabyte,

If I were still a Mod here I would delete your post and ban you from the Wire until you read the rules and guidelines. You obviously know how to read so go read the rules and follow them. 

Edit:

Oh, and I reported your post so it may not be around long. 

23 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Boxing Cannabyte,

If I were still a Mod here I would delete your post and ban you from the Wire until you read the rules and guidelines. You obviously know how to read so go read the rules and follow them. 

Edit:

Oh, and I reported your post so it may not be around long. 

I musta missed summit ....... :unsure:

23 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

I musta missed summit ....... :unsure:

Nope, you didn’t miss a thing. Just some troll trying to stir up crap. 

On 1/21/2020 at 4:13 PM, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

SASS in general, has way too high portion of "good ones" compared to other places and groups. 

They've been raised right.  In my experience, so have little league players and Scouts.

19 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

ok .... thank you ^_^

what chance it's gonna happen again .......... frequently .... ?

:(

Who knows? I have no idea what the poster’s status is. He may be in time out but considering it was his first and only ignorance filled political jerkboy post I am guessing he won’t be back unless he’s sneaky.

Archived