SASS Wire Forum

2020 Georgia State SASS Championship – CANCELED

Krazy Kajun

UPDATE : The match has been canceled and will not be rescheduled to a later date this year.  There will be a 100% refund of fees that shooters and vendors have already sent in.

Kajun

-----------------------------------------

Fast Eddie and the folks at the South River Gun Club in Conyers GA cordially invite everyone to come on to Georgia and shoot with us at the 2020 Georgia State SASS Championship. You can find match information on the state match website located here.

The match will be held Thurs May 14 – Sat May 16. The Georgia State Black Powder Championship will be held on Thurs May 14th in conjunction with the SASS match. Side matches and the state black powder championship are on Thurs. The first 6 stages of the main match will be shot on Friday and the remaining 4 stages and banquet with awards will be held on Saturday. 

The banquet will be held at the world famous Georgia International Horse Park facility, equestrian venue for the 1996 Centennial Olympic Games.  You can find more information about this beautiful facility here. The banquet is being catered by the renown Atlanta catering company, Proof of the Pudding, their website is here.  The banquet is being organized by Annabel Lee.

There are 54 camping spaces with electric and water hookups on the range and are several hotels located about 12 miles from the range in Conyers at exit 82 off I-20.

The match director is Fast Eddie and the stages are being written by Blackhawk Henry and Fast Eddie.  There is a limit of 180 shooters for this match 

Ya’ll check out all of the information and if you have questions about anything please let us know.  For match questions contact Fast Eddie and for registration questions please contact Krazy Kajun.  Our contact information can be found at the bottom of the match application.

Krazy Kajun

Application is in the mail.  Ga. State has very good camping facilities on the range.  Water and electricity at every campsite and an easy stroll down the hill to the range.  Fast Eddie and crew run a 1st class State match.  Get your applications in early cause this one fills up fast.

We already have 32 shooters signed up and it’s not even February yet. It’d be best to get your apps in early if you want a place at this match. 

Kajun

• 2 weeks later...

Son called.  Dad we need to do this again!  He lives in Georgia about 1/2 hour drive from the match.  Give the wife and I an excuse to visit with the kids and grandkids plus attend an outstanding match.

First step was to renew my SASS membership for 2020.  Done.

Next step is to print out the application ...

50 minutes ago, Rolan Kraps, SASS # 24084 Life said:

@Krazy Kajun I don't see my and Rys Kay's name on the "Who's coming" list.  Did you misplace our application?

I do have the applications. The Who's Coming list will be updated again next weekend, ya'll's (is that a word?) names will be on that list.

Kajun

No need to sell this one, as it sells out early every year. This one's our favorite State match. Stages are great, everything run on time, awards are super, banquet is spectacular. Lots of camping spots on the range (elec & water - no sewer). Absolutely everything is first class!!  Fun, fun, fun!!

3 hours ago, Purly SASS # 57438 said:

Not to sure about that .

How about you be the TO for Max for the whole match....that oughta get you started! :lol:

Kajun

Application is filled out.  Enveloped addressed.  Need to print a check to enclosed before mailing. Should be in this week's mail

21 hours ago, Purly SASS # 57438 said:

I think I'll go to this match. 

Aw, man! I was hoping you would forget about it. Maybe I'll shoot something like gunfighter. If Badlands Bob can do well with it, it can't be that hard.

Or, I might shoot one of the rare BP categories, you know, like Kajun. I think he's planning to shoot "Left-handed Buckarette Black Powder" (LHBBP). He'll need some competition to make a category anyway. Though, I might have to buy a new outfit for that category. I think there are some costume requirements that you can't wear just anywhere outside of the match without some undue attention.

We now have 73 shooter's signed up as of today's Pony Express run and getting applications in almost every day.  We are farther along than we were last year at this time so it looks like we might be selling out a little earlier than last year.  If you would like to shoot this match please get you application in soon.

Kajun

• 3 weeks later...

We are at 132 shooters as of today. If you are gonna shoot the match please get your applications in soon. 

Kajun

Received my confirmation!  Son may have a work conflict so y'all might have to deal with an unsupervised me!

5 hours ago, Matthew Duncan said:

Received my confirmation!  Son may have a work conflict so y'all might have to deal with an unsupervised me!

Well they are used to dealing with me so I think they'll have it covered! :lol:

Kajun

I spoke with Fast Eddie and the decision has been made to cancel the state match given the current conditions that are going on.  Please note this is a cancellation and it will not be rescheduled to a later date this year.  Anyone who has already registered and paid fees will be receiving a 100% refund of the monies paid.  We all are sorry to have to announce this as we always have fun at our state match but it just can't be helped.  Hope to see ya'll next year at our match.

Kajun

3 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

I spoke with Fast Eddie and the decision has been made to cancel the state match given the current conditions that are going on.  Please note this is a cancellation and it will not be rescheduled to a later date this year.  Anyone who has already registered and paid fees will be receiving a 100% refund of the monies paid.  We all are sorry to have to announce this as we always have fun at our state match but it just can't be helped.  Hope to see ya'll next year at our match.

Kajun

I'm sure it was a hard decision for you and Fast Eddie.  I look forward to seeing y'all when all this craziness is over.

Archived