SASS Wire Forum

A birthday present for Ralph Northam

Sedalia Dave

Protesters clean garbage off streets following Virginia gun rally

Demonstrators picked up trash off the streets of downtown Richmond as they left a pro-Second Amendment rally in the Virginia capital.

Footage posted on social media shows gun rights activists and other attendees doing their part to clean up after the Monday rally in protest of several pieces of gun control legislation being considered in the state.

"Pick up the trash, everybody, put it right here in this bag," a man can be heard saying in one video while he holds a large plastic trash bag. "It's a birthday present for Ralph Northam, all right? Put it right here."

:)

The media and a certain group with a certain political agenda were really hoping for a violence filled protest. They didn’t get their wish. Even Antifa played nice, from what I hear. 

Now maybe they might start to realize that “law abiding gun owners” are exactly that, law abiding. 

Ha!  The warped political agenda continues!!!

AOC complained this morning that unlike the protests to "celebrate the dignity" of Freddie Gray (where rioting ensued and hundreds were arrested), the 2nd Amend. demonstration had "almost no police presence" (an absolute lie), implying that the establishment favors conservative causes and discriminates against the progressive ones, and that somehow the police are responsible for triggering violence (another lie).

When will someone in the press stand up for truth and accuracy?

LL

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

The media and a certain group with a certain political agenda were really hoping for a violence filled protest. They didn’t get their wish. Even Antifa played nice, from what I hear. 

Now maybe they might start to realize that “law abiding gun owners” are exactly that, law abiding. 

Don't hold your breath!:angry:

I don't keep up with the news. I had to do a web search on Freddie Gray, to understand the comments in this thread.

The first hit was part of a story on Yahoo news.

>Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D., N.Y.) on Monday contrasted the annual gun rights rally in Ri…<

The annual gun rights rally? They do this every year?

I thought this was a rally to protest the unconstitutional laws Virginia was trying to pass.

These are the Communist folks, deny the truth, promote the lie. It's their agenda to destroy our country.

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

45 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Don't hold your breath!:angry:

We need a sarcasm smiley. I write this with tongue firmly planted in my cheek. 

2 hours ago, Alpo said:

I thought this was a rally to protest the unconstitutional laws Virginia was trying to pass.

Yes the VCDL holds this every year. This year the level of urgency was much higher and that caused the huge turnout. 

2 hours ago, Alpo said:

>Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D., N.Y.) on Monday contrasted the annual gun rights rally in Ri…<

Lobby day in VA is a yearly day when people go to the capitol and lobby their representatives.  

It’s always been on MLK Jr day.

Ralph and his Attorney General need our charitable donations. Their "blackface" make up is running out and needs replenishment.

5 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Ha!  The warped political agenda continues!!!

AOC complained this morning that unlike the protests to "celebrate the dignity" of Freddie Gray (where rioting ensued and hundreds were arrested), the 2nd Amend. demonstration had "almost no police presence" (an absolute lie), implying that the establishment favors conservative causes and discriminates against the progressive ones, and that somehow the police are responsible for triggering violence (another lie).

When will someone in the press stand up for truth and accuracy?

Not as long as people keep giving Miss Horseface the mic all the time.

Geez...will she ever try to grasp more than a progressive talking point????

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., said that "no one ever makes a billion dollars. You take a billion dollars" during a Martin Luther King Jr. Day discussion with author Ta-Nehisi Coates on Monday.

"No one ever makes a billion dollars. You take a billion dollars," Ocasio-Cortez said, receiving applause. "I'm not here to villainize and to say billionaires are inherently morally corrupt. ... It's to say that this system that we live in, life in capitalism always ends in billionaires."

“You didn’t make those widgets! You sat on a couch while thousands of people were paid modern day slave wages, and in some cases real modern-day slavery; you made that money off the backs of undocumented people ..."

Those well-chewed scraps were best directed to the Democratic Presidential Hopefuls; and given a few more years in Congress, they will describe her as well.  The only "taking" of large sums of money that I'm aware of are the various taxation/confiscation proposals of Warren, Sanders and the rest of that line-up of thieves.

LL

2 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

By the way, how much have the Dems earmarked, out of the billions in new taxes they are proposing, for Federal debt reduction?  Say what?  Say again?  NOT ONE RED Cent!!!!!

LL

they’re a plague on this great country.  imagineering division and stuffing their pockets.

we need to never be complacent and truly get out the vote, my fellow Americans.

8 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

"No one ever makes a billion dollars. You take a billion dollars," Ocasio-Cortez said,

And she's taken her share.

Just my not so humble opinion.

I salute all those who could attend the VA 2nd Amendment Rally in Richmond, VA.

What a great group of people.  On that day, Richmond was the safest place in the world.

However, (there is always a BUT), it wasn't a waste of time BUT the rally did nothing to circumvent the bills presented in the VA legislature.  Here’s a link to yesterday’s activities.

https://bearingarms.com/cam-e/2020/01/25/six-gun-control-measures-va-house/

Eventually, this will happen in every state that has a Democratic House and Senate.  As one of our members pointed out that only 40% of Virginians voted in the last state/local elections.  Whatever we do, we need to keep Democrats out.  I think some Republicans might just as easily take a campaign donation bribe from the Bloomberg Threat, but not as many and not as often.

Vote.

Galvano, the Florida "Republican" Speaker of the House too a reported $500,000 and already pushed some of Nanny Mike's pet bills. Luckily, the governor said he'd veto them.

Archived