SASS Wire Forum

WTB 45 cowboy special brass used/new

ethan callahan

I am looking for some 45 cowboy special brass, shoot me a PM if you have some laying around you want to sell.

Thanks!

Sorry to hijack your thread, but Starline has scads of the stuff. I just got 500 from them.

Starline 45 special

Yup, I saw.

Looking for some cheaper used.  Just trying out these to see if I want to switch from my 45 Long Colt.

Thanks

Hi Ethan:

I have some once fired, maybe some are twice fired, at 20 cents each, shipped.

How many do you need?

Thanks

--Dawg

8 minutes ago, Choctaw Jack said:

Ethan,

If you already shoot .45 colt,how about cutting some down to C45S ?If you don't like the cartridge you haven't invested much to find out.

Choctaw

Lots of ways to cut down 45 Colt to C45S.  This is the way I did it.

If you just need a few to try them out for a revolver, use a tubing cutter to shorten a 45 colt case.  It won't be exact.  You can then load the case using a 45 colt base plate and 45 ACP dies that have a taper crimp.  The taper crimp is more forgiving with brass that has slightly different lengths.  If you get some 160 grain bullets, that would be your least recoiling load.  If you like them, then you can get the Starline brass. 

However, I bet some cowboys in your area will give you some to try them out.  That's the best option.  You'll start with a known load and can evaluate it from there.

PM me if you'd like a some cut downs to try. They are easy to make, but I would absolutely run all through a case trimmer after cutting. Rough cut to .900+ length and final trim to .898 { 45 ACP length}.

not into cutting down any of my brass, rather just buy 500 or 1000  thanks for all the ideas though.

.24 cents a round new from starline right now,   looking for some that somebody wants to get rid of cheap

On 1/22/2020 at 7:36 PM, SHOOTIN FOX said:

I sell the 130 grain Barnstormer bullet if you want some. 500 for $45 shipped.

send me a PM with your contact info

On 1/27/2020 at 5:34 PM, Big Six Henderson #16594 said:

I have a couple of hundred that are a little bent and split, primers may fall out.

I'll ship to you free.

I will make sure to use those with no primers when we meet up in tennessee :)  you can write the check later 

Archived