SASS Wire Forum

I hate (Classified Ad) Click Baits

King Medallion

I agree with the OP. Not too much here on the SASS forum, but my local list serve always just says "For Sale". Then you have to click on it to find out what the hell they want to sell.:(

WTB or WTS is a good start, and a must really. Add a bit as to what you WTB/WTS What really bugs me is the type like I wonder if..., Lets see if... Guess I'll ask here.. and the like. The couple threads that were there this morning are now gone, or fixed, so they saw this and did it proper. Some will say, 'Well, if it don't interest you, pass it by" Yep, that works. But what if it does interest me? I'll have missed something I may want to buy, because someone didn't bother to list it properly, and that person will have missed a sale. Or I may have something I could be willing to let go.

WTB/WTS does have it's own section. It's called The Classifieds.

Sorry or originally posting IN the Classifieds, but I thought that would be where it do the most good.

6 hours ago, King Medallion said:

If ya got something to sell or want to buy something, say what it is in the title! I find this very annoying. Isn't there a rule for this? OK, rant over. Bring on the flame.

KM

No flames here. Rules (and Guidelines) are only as good as their enforcement is.  

The Events Forum has the instruction. "For example, July 1-4, 2017 should be written as 0701-0704 2017. That keeps the matches in order of occurrence." I've seen posts by SASS VIPs that did not follow that request. Luckily, I see no posts that are non-compliant among this year's posts.

Also, I have been the subject of personal attacks and name calling, which is contrary to the following Forum Guideline, https://www.sassnet.com/Downloads/UserTerms.pdf

"Abuse on the Forums will not be tolerated.

Offensive language, personal insults, including all racial, ethnic, or sexual slurs, as well as personal attacks, including name-calling and insults directed at other members is prohibited. No flaming, harassing, or attacking of any kind is ever allowed. “Flaming” is considered attacking another user or users in a vulgar, harsh or with the use of personal attacks. Personal attacks are not tolerated. (Ie: “You are stupid, stop being a &^^$%^”)."

That personal attack was not removed until I "reported" it. So, if you see something that is contrary to the Forum Guidelines, Report it. To do so, hover your mouse pointer in the upper right corner of the post and the words "Report post" will appear. Left click that and follow the instructions.,

I guess as long as we're complaining about ambiguous subject lines, in the regular Wire, posting "Need Help" or "Looking For" or similar with nothing else will not make you friends.  Of course, it was a lot worse back in the days of dial-up. 

I’ve never had a problem understanding if it’s something for sale or something they want to buy . I don’t understand the OP. :blink:

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I’ve never had a problem understanding if it’s something for sale or something they want to buy . I don’t understand the OP. :blink:

He doesn’t like headers with no info. He want to know what it is and if your buying or selling in the header no “check this out” or “deal of the week” forcing you to do a whole mouse click to open the post is exhausting to some

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 6:38 PM, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

He doesn’t like headers with no info. He want to know what it is and if your buying or selling in the header no “check this out” or “deal of the week” forcing you to do a whole mouse click to open the post is exhausting to some

Actually it seems as though the OP doesn't like anything that is different from the way he thinks it should be.

At least with the closet cleaning ads you know they are selling. I click on all of those, and need to post one myself.

1 hour ago, King Medallion said:

"Cleaning out the closet". Another worthless heading.

Then just skip over it.  

1 hour ago, Springfield Slim SASS #24733 said:

At least with the closet cleaning ads you know they are selling. I click on all of those, and need to post one myself.

I gotta admit, when I see cleaning out the safe or closet, it's like seeing a garage sale sign. I have to stop and see what goodies I might find... and hope I beat everyone one else to the bargains.

50 minutes ago, Cholla said:

I gotta admit, when I see cleaning out the safe or closet, it's like seeing a garage sale sign. I have to stop and see what goodies I might find... and hope I beat everyone one else to the bargains.

absolutely!!! I may find something I didnt know I needed til I get in there lol

DATES!

I don’t CARE how SASS says dates should be written.  That’s just someone at SASS’s preference, which is a jumble of run-together numbers, is confusing for quick reading, and is therefore wrong.

My own preference looks like this, is short, not confusing, and is quickly readable:

09FEB2020

Cat Brules 

I don’t care much how the Classifieds are titled and written, as long as they give ALL the information and are not confusing. 

I do suggest advertisers give some advance thought to their ads, compose their ad, make corrections, and provide complete, accurate information prior to pushing the “submit” button.  Asking questions and going back and forth is frustrating and wastes time on both sides.

Cat Brules 

10 hours ago, Cholla said:

exactly!

10 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

DATES!

I don’t CARE how SASS says dates should be written.  That’s just someone at SASS’s preference, which is a jumble of run-together numbers, is confusing for quick reading, and is therefore wrong.

My own preference looks like this, is short, not confusing, and is quickly readable:

09FEB2020

Cat Brules 

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Archived