SASS Wire Forum

2020 Prince of the Pistoleers KS State Championship

Abilene Slim SASS 81783

It might be cold right now, but it's time to start planning for the 2020 Prince of the Pistoleers Kansas State Championship hosted by the Powder Creek Cowboys! This is an awesome match you don't want to miss! June 11-13, 2020. Get your apps in today!

http://www.powdercreekcowboys.com/home.html

Mailed mine in.
Because of the holiday, I don't expect to arrive until Wednesday/Thursday.

Frontiersman!

Can't wait to finally meet some of you guys!

--Dawg

2 hours ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Sure hope I can make it this year myself.

Major -- I'm looking forward to finally meeting you!

--Dawg

On 1/19/2020 at 10:43 PM, Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329 said:

Mailed mine in.
Because of the holiday, I don't expect to arrive until Wednesday/Thursday.

Frontiersman!

Can't wait to finally meet some of you guys!

--Dawg

Sweet, now I have to go.

I'm in!!!

And Tucker -- it will be great to meet & shoot with you!

--Dawg

3 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

I’ve asked Abilene Slim to lobby for an “All Soot Lord” posse.  What say the rest of you?

I will put a word in for it, too.  

If you fill out and get in your application and you are registered before May 1 you will be entered into a drawing for the return of your main match shoot fee. One lucky cowboy or cowgirl!

Come to Powder Creek and have more fun in June than should be allowed!

June 11-13, 2020

Click here or on the image below for an application.

POP%202020.jpg

Yep.   The application has a slot for a reservation.  There are no utility hookups, but always has been enough room. 

The camping and parking lot area is about 100 to 250 yards depending on how close you can get, from the the area holding vendors and cowboy town.  There are a couple of golf carts that circle around to pick up folks and gun carts and deliver 'em to the action.

• 2 weeks later...

Starting to get some nice raffle and door prizes committed.  We will have a nice CZ shotgun to raffle as well as a hat DbarJ has graciously donated.  More details and prize information will follow.  Applications are flowing in.  We are limited to 150 shooters, so do not wait - you risk  missing the chance for a shot at a free entry and may miss one of the slots.

• 1 month later...

Covid-19 continues to be an unknown in the world of Cowboy Shooting.  We know you have been patiently waiting on us for updates about The Prince of the Pistoleers.  With the recent mandates of the Governor of the State of Kansas as well as the Federal Government, The Powder Creek Cowboys feel that it is prudent to postpone our 2020 Kansas State Cowboy Action Championship.  Additionally, we are scheduled to host the 2020 State of Kansas Black Powder State Championship that was scheduled for November 7, 2020
At the April Board of Director’s meeting, after much deliberation we have decided the following:
The new date of The Prince of the Pistoleers AND the Black Powder State Championship will be October 1-3, 2020 at The Powder Creek Shooting Park, 8601 Monticello Road, Lenexa, Ks. 66227.  We will be holding both matches on the same weekend, shooting the Cowboy Action matches in the morning hours and the Black Powder Match in the afternoon.  This will allow you to shoot both championships on one weekend!!!  One trip, one set of expenses and two tons of fun!!!
We are very sorry for the inconvenience and, If for any reason the new date means you will be unable to attend, you will have the option of either receiving a full refund or using those funds to register for the 2021 match which will be held on June 11-13, 2021.  The new cancellation deadline will be September 15, 2020, and you will need to inform us to refund or move your registration to 2021 by that date.  No action is needed if you intend to attend the October 3 match UNLESS you wish to shoot the Black Powder State Championship.
I will email a NEW combined application for use in registering for the postponed, combined 2020 Kansas State Cowboy Action and Black Powder Championships!
For those of you that want to add Black Powder to your already confirmed POP registration, please contact Cooncan at cooncan.pcc@gmail.com and she will assist you personally to add the second shoot.
For those of you that waited to register for POP, please download the new application that will hit our website shortly (and will be emailed shortly) and join us for some cowboy shooting!!!
For those of you that want to shoot only the Black Powder Championship, again, please fill out the soon to be published application and leave the Cowboy Action part blank.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.  We will do our best to make these matches worth the wait!

Questions?
Cooncan.pcc@gmail.com

• 4 weeks later...

With the move to the new dates for the Kansas State Championship - the first weekend in October - there has been a move to upgrade the Powder Creek Cowboy Town.  New Stages are being created, old ones are being upgraded with new baffles, berms and more . . .  Get your registrations in and come see the additions (something about the town getting a new train station and hotel)!  http://powdercreekcowboys.com/home.html

IMG_0855.jpg

• 2 months later...

Today 20 Cowboys and Cowgirls were joined by six Boy Scouts on the continuing effort to have Powder Creek all gussied up for the Regular State Match and Black Powder State Match the first weekend in October.  The Board also recently decided in this age of uncertainty to give folks who sign up, but are unable to come a complete refund - no questions asked.  So send in those applications and come to the Kansas State Championships / Prince of The Pistoleers, October 1-3,  and get an early view of our changes at the State Wild Bunch Match / Mayhem at  Monticello, September 5 & 6!

IMG_4753.jpg

• 1 month later...

Time is drawing nigh for entering the Kansas State Championships.  The entry deadline is September 15.  If you are tough enough you can shoot both the Regular State Match in the morning and then Black Powder in the afternoon!  http://www.powdercreekcowboys.com/home.html

Side matches are October 1, with the main matches on October 2 and 3.  The Cowboy town has been spruced up for you, large covered tents will be set up and tables for twice the expected crowd are coming to give plenty of room for "social distancing".  CZ has donated a Sharptail and Family Firearms Safety has given a Bond derringer, both to be raffled.  Plenty of door prizes from D bar J Hats, Bass Pro, Giby Leather (a new rig), Midland Radio, Klienschmidts, Wild West Mercantile, an antique vest, jewelry, books by Tracey Garrett, T Star Leather, James County Mercantile, Scheels, an action job from Doc Dag, entries from other matches and more.

Come enjoy!

Our apps are in.  Looking forward to POP.

Ya all talked me into it.  Than and a lull in my work schedule. :D

Waiting on the confirmation but emailed in my application this morning. So now I will be shooting Frontiersman at PoP, The Kansas State BP match and the following weekend I'll be at Tennessee State.  Boy howdy this is going to be fun. :)

I am good to go. Will get a check in the mail this afternoon.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the application deadline has passed and a bunch of folks are now burning the midnight oil to make award plaques, do final clean up of the range, gather in the door prizes, make final arrangements for the feed and more.  All to give those coming a warm welcome.  Long Range weather forecast is lookin' good for the match and those traveling.  Speaking of traveling, we will have folks from 11 States:  Florida, Texas, Minnesota, Iowa, Oklahoma, Illinois, Arkansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Colorado and Kansas.  We look forward to seeing ya'all!

Archived