SASS Wire Forum

(FS) Mexican loop holsters

Cherokee Slim

I have several holsters I've acquired over the years (don't we all.....) that I don't foresee ever using. Two of these are for 7 1/2" barreled models and one for a shorter barrel.  I've shown a picture of each with a '51 Navy just for reference as to size.   First up is a Kirkpatrick Model 755-15; there's nothing that I could find on the Kirkpatrick website regarding this model, but it's very similar to the "Sonoran" by Triple K- fits a large frame single action revolver with 7 1/2" barrel.  The second is a Hunter 1080-50 with the 1080 series being their Western double loop model and the "50" indicating that it's for a 7 1/2" barrel large frame single action revolver such as Colt SAA , Ruger Blackhawk or Ruger Vaquero.  The smaller holster is a Hunter 1090-40, called the Western Crossdraw. It actually has a combination belt loop on the back that would enable it to be used as a right hand strong side, or a right hand crossdraw.  I would sell these for $50 each plus shipping for the two larger holsters and $35 plus shipping for the smaller Hunter.  Send me a PM if interested.   Thanks

0119201250.jpg

0119201246.jpg

0119201246a.jpg

0119201249a.jpg

0119201246b.jpg

0119201247.jpg

0119201249.jpg

0119201247b.jpg

0119201247a.jpg

Cherokee Slim,

Are you sure the first holster isn't actually a Triple K Sonoran Holster?  I can't say offhand what a Kirkpatrick stamp looks like (or are there variations?), but to my eye, that stamp on the back does resemble the Triple K stamp.  And Triple K's #755 is the Sonoran, which as you said, is very similar to yours.  Looks like a nice holster either way.  At that price, I might buy it if i needed that length.

Hair Trigger Jim

2 hours ago, Hair Trigger Jim said:

Cherokee Slim,

Are you sure the first holster isn't actually a Triple K Sonoran Holster?  I can't say offhand what a Kirkpatrick stamp looks like (or are there variations?), but to my eye, that stamp on the back does resemble the Triple K stamp.  And Triple K's #755 is the Sonoran, which as you said, is very similar to yours.  Looks like a nice holster either way.  At that price, I might buy it if i needed that length.

Hair Trigger Jim

HT Jim,

I stand corrected, and I can only blame it on old age and poor eyesight.  Went back and looked at the stamp again and it is, in fact, a Triple K holster.  So of course instead of LOOKING like the Sonoran, it IS the Triple K Sonoran.............  Thanks,  I don't suppose I would have had a reason to look at it more closely if you hadn't asked.

Archived