SASS Wire Forum

Good day to size bullets

Warden Callaway

Nice to have an understanding wife that's also a cowboy action shooter.   I set up to size bullets on our dinning room table.  The wood stove is 10' in back of me.  TV to my right.  Latge south facing window (with no curtains) in front of me.  My recliner not far away if I get bored or need a nap.  

It's 0° wind chill outside and going to be cold through tomorrow.  I have the time. 

Well, sounds like a great situation.

Just don’t let the Comanches getcha, boys!

Cat Brules

Seriously, if that’s possible:

I recall in the 5th and 6th grade, all bundled up pulling my sled, with my books and lunch strapped to it, about 1 1/2 miles to and from school at minus -20 degrees (below zero) in the morning, and maybe -5 degrees later in the day, walking home in the afternoon.  We lived on an island in the middle of a large river in the Northeast US.  

Some years later, in high school, in Europe, I dealt with similar low temps walking 2+ miles each way to/from school.

You must keep moving.

Cat Brules

Got-er-done!  770+/- 200g 45s, 660+/- 180g 401s.  That should carry me through 2020 for C45S and 38WCF - that and what I have loaded already .   I have plenty of bullets for 32WCF, 38 Special and 44WCF - plus loaded ammo.  Sawmill Mary only shoots Missouri Bullets Hi-Tek coated bullets in her 44WCF Smoke Wagons and Marlin 1894.

Little skiff of snow and snow flurries now.  It really cuts down on our solar boost.  

Looks like I need to drag down a batch of STS hulls and make some black powder loads. I need to take inventory of boxes left from last year.

Archived