SASS Wire Forum

See the ball on trajectory??

For Christmas, I got a Uberti 1851 Navy .36 cap and ball revolver. 

While at the range, I got a cool picture.  The pic was captured from the video that was being recorded of me shooting the revolver.  Love the smoke! 

Do you see the ball on trajectory to the target??

5Id6MF.jpg

Uberti 1851 Navy .36

4CuAyF.jpg

IWIhzZ.jpg

Please share cool gun pictures you may have.  ^_^

2 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Yep.  On a good day I can see some of my pard's smokeless rounds in the air.   Seems like those days are getting farther apart.

On a good day I can see my pard's C&B black powder shooters rounds making a smoke trail to the target.

Often depends on the location of the sun and direction of down range. The sun light just catches the bullet as it travels down range. Always cool to see, but fantastic that you caught in on film.

Great camera position and breeze, easy to see the ball.

We have had a couple of folks shoot with us before for whom it was very easy to spot...every round could be visually followed as it gracefully arced downrange - smokeless shooters, of course...!

CS

Several years ago (I think it was 2005) at a North Alabama Regulators match, while taking snap shots with a Canon pocket camera of Canoe Creek Kid shooting and Sawyer timing, I caught a ball of trajectory.   Only this one shows the bullet's trace.

You men are right about the ambient conditions have to be just right, camera angel just right, and the lens open at just the right time.

Canoe Creek Kid shooting and Sawyer timing.

SFm5Yq.jpg

^_^

I can see it. That is a good pic.

I was once running the timer at a match and I saw the bullet from the shooters gun on the way to the target and on the way back when the flower that once was a bullet  hit me in the neck. Didn't cut me but did surprise me a bit. That flower is hanging around in my reloading area.

I'm not surprised you can see the bullet in flight. When I shoot my 1851 with Pyrodex the velocity is so low I often just walk downrange and give it a little nudge if it seems to be tracking off-target. <_<

Seriously, I do have me one of those Uberti 1851s (a Cimarron) and it's a fantastic shooter. The newest ones seem to be much better made than in years past.

Archived