SASS Wire Forum

Another Prayer Posse Request - Final Update

Calamity Kris

O Almighty God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, we pray to You for Your servant whose sickness is bringing her to the end of her earthly life. You are the God whose only-begotten Son taught us that not even the smallest sparrow can fall without Your knowledge, and that You hold all creation in Your merciful arms. Look upon Your servant and allow this illness to be for the death only of those things which are the result of evil and sin. Let her thoughts be quieted with the peace and confidence of her final deliverance into the fullness of Your love. Keep her soul and body pure, and sanctify them during the time she remains among us, that on the last day she may be raised up with all Your saints to live with You in neverending glory. For to You belong praise and worship, to the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, now and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen.

I know it's hard, Kris.  From your update it sounds as if she had made her peace and is ready to repose in the arms of the Lord.

About a month after my mom died I had a dream in which I was sitting at the table on a Saturday having a late breakfast/early lunch when mom came in from doing some yard work as she often did on Saturdays.  We chatted for a few minutes and then I suddenly realised "What are you doing here, Mom?  You shouldn't be here, you died!"  She responded, "I know.  But I can't leave until you and Dad let me go."  After that dream, if dream it was, I was OK.  

May God bless you both, and give you strength and peace.

You have my sincerest sympathy!

Schoolmarm lost her mother many years ago!  She had already formed a warm and special relationship with my mom! 

They have traveled all over the country and taken cruises together! Mom even came by the other day to hang out and leave us cake and home made soup!!

The relationship, I think, has been wonderful for both of them! 

I know your loss and we offer our heartfelt condolences and a prayer for your peace and comfort.

My heart goes out to you and the family. :(

O God of spirits and of all flesh, Who hast trampled down death and overthrown the Devil, and given life to Thy world, do Thou, the same Lord, give rest to the soul of Thy departed servant in a place of brightness, a place of refreshment, a place of repose, where all sickness, sighing, and sorrow have fled away. Pardon every transgression which she has committed, whether by word or deed or thought. For Thou art a good God and lovest mankind; because there is no man who lives yet does not sin, for Thou only art without sin, Thy righteousness is to all eternity, and Thy word is truth.

For Thou are the Resurrection, the Life, and the Repose of Thy servants who have fallen asleep, O Christ our God, and unto Thee we ascribe glory, together with Thy Father, who is from everlasting, and Thine all-holy, good, and life-creating Spirit, now and ever unto ages of ages. Amen

May He Who arose from the dead, Christ our true God, through the prayers of His all-pure Mother; of the holy, glorious and all laudable Apostles; of our holy and God-bearing Fathers; and of all the saints; establish the soul of His servant who has been taken from us, in the mansion of the righteous; give her rest in Abraham’s bosom, and number her among the just; and have mercy on us, forasmuch as He is good and loves mankind.

Grant rest eternal in blessed repose, O Lord, to Thy servant who has fallen asleep, and make her memory to be eternal!

I was at my mother's bedside when she passed. I was always very close to her, and I suppose the Lord gave me such peace when she died. I went out to our farm to let it all go, and never did. Not to say I never shed a tear, but I never really cried, and that was some 15 years ago. Never have. My dad passed before, and I cried like a baby. May God grant you that peace.

JHC

Kris, I’m sorry you’ve lost your Moms.  I’ve kept her and you in my prayers and pray for you both still.  
All of us leave someone behind, and those we leave behind grieve and pray for us, strengthening the dead and the living.

Please accept my prayers and condolences for yours and your families’ loss.

God bless Moms’ spirit and those of you and your family.

Jim

(Cat Brules)

Thank you all very much.  Uno is hanging in there as best he can.  We will be going back home for the services in the not too distant future.  I will get to have my closure then.

Thank you again,

Kris

Our sincerest condolences Kris on the loss of Moms. I was also blessed to have wonderful extended family with my in-laws. We both miss Ellie parent dearly. Prayers goin up for you and your family & friends.

Eyesa & Ellie

Archived