SASS Wire Forum

Weather...grrr...brrr

Old Man Graybeard

Snow and east wind yesterday...a little more snow today...and WIND...30  to 50 mph wind. Right now I can see less than a quarter mile.Wind more from the north today. East wind yesterday really left some big drifts in bad places. Hope it calms down sooner than they are talking. Supposed to be leaving tomorrow for Arizona...

Stupid snow is screwing up the iceboat racing!!!   :angry:

Two nights ago, sudden heavy snowfall along south shore of Lake Erie.

I was busy with the Hillbilly Dragline and my back is calling me unkind names.

(I can call it a Hillbilly Dragline.  It's not cultural appropriation. I am an unreconstructed hillbilly!)

Last night it gold cold fast, then we got a light dry snow.

Broom was too much work so I threw the leaf blower across my back and proceeded to work with the wind to my back.

(Learned that one the hard way about two years ago!)

Still ended up looking like the Abominable Frostman!

By golly now I got walks, steps and doorways cleared!

Even blew the snow off the Jeep and the co-worker's buggy!

(My back is calling me even more names today ... between my ears I am still eighteen ... the rest of me is old, ancient and decrepit, not necessarily in that order!)

I am visiting my youngest son in Minnesota so this Farthest North Idaho man is no snow bird!!!   :D

My eldest is in Florida but as a snowshoer, iceboat racer and skier that had all of the heat and humidity for the rest of my life during my time in the Corps, Florida AIN'T an option. My eldest was a Marine officer in the plus 100s in the desert but he doesn't hate it like his Dad. TYPICAL OFFICER!!! :angry:

Archived