SASS Wire Forum

Geo code error on club page?

Lone Rider SASS#32091

Not just you.  I get it also.  

This appears to be a software error with code on the SASSNET server.   By the name, there's a software package that looks up the clubs in the area you are interested in.   This is a new error, so something got changed by the IT support personnel recently.  I'll report this to a moderator for action.

Moderators - can you forward this report for resolution?

Thanks, GJ

The Geo code has not worked for quite a while.

When I'm hunting a new club or shoot;

I just keep two browser windows open. One with the club info and Google maps.

Copy and paste the city and state to determine exactly where it is and how long it will take me to get there.

And as a lot of clubs shoot at recognized ranges -  most of those are searchable by name in Google maps as well (really handy when an event is in a large metro area so you know "where" the range is in relation to the rest of the city - i.e. shooting in Phoenix; pick the right Phoenix hotels and you're are 5 - 10 minutes away from the ranges.  Pick wrong and you're still in Phoenix metro - but 60 - 90 minutes away.)

Google maps changed their licensing a couple of years ago and SASS needs to update their web site accordingly. 

I thought Misty had posted late in 2019 that it would be fixed early 2020, but I can't find that topic.

Archived