SASS Wire Forum

Having a Ball in Texas

Subdeacon Joe

Fredericksburg on January 18 from noon to 8 pm to have a ball at the first annual Best of Texas Testicle Festival!

According to the Facebook page, attendees will be tasting and eating a wide variety of animal testicles including bull testicles as well as organs from calves, lambs, roosters, and turkeys. Along with all the rocky mountain oysters you can handle, the festival will also include a full bar, lawn games, live music, and a small petting zoo for the kids.

Brings back memories of Veterinary College in the 1970s— all the “oysters” from the week’s farm calls were saved for Friday afternoon, when we had a TGIF party in the Large Animal Hospital.

Good times.  Good food.  Good beer.  Good friends.

AT branding the old timers would throw the calf fries on a sheet of iron and eat them right there. I was a little more civilized and like mine dipped in batter and deep fried. But... just before lunch, when you have been at it since 6 AM  they weren't all that bad and they were fresh.

On 1/18/2020 at 5:33 PM, J-BAR #18287 said:

Brings back memories of Veterinary College in the 1970s— all the “oysters” from the week’s farm calls were saved for Friday afternoon, when we had a TGIF party in the Large Animal Hospital.

Good times.  Good food.  Good beer.  Good friends.

So did you just "have a ball" or really "go nuts"?

If'n you skin em, slice em, deep fat fry  'em, then hand me a cold beer---you'd best be getting out of my way!

And just what's wrong with prime rib, ribeye, or t bone? Seems like better beef parts to be had.

The full bar however...

Archived