SASS Wire Forum

Not wanting to annoy Pat

Alpo

He gets so upset when you put writing without a picture in his meme a thread.

37356FBE-D30F-48F0-AF39-3F82AD74551D.jpeg.28bf5a2bada26553c1a8ce7ece708068.jpeg.0e5cfe5cd94be9f1058ea0ab519e61be.jpeg

All right. I get that it is not a urinal.

What is it? I've never seen anything that looks like that before.

11 minutes ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

The hot air feels good on my arthritic hands.  I sometimes do a second turn after the first one times out.

I’d bet you’d even go to the men’s room when you don’t need to go to the men’s room, just to dry your hands.

A paranoid one.

When you are using a urinal, your back is to the room. someone come up behind you while you are occupied and stick a knife or gun in your back.

When you are sitting on the toilet, your face is to the room.

Just because you're paranoid does not mean that someone is not out to get you.

56 minutes ago, Alpo said:

A paranoid one.

Just because you're paranoid does not mean that someone is not out to get you.

True Alpo,

However, my paranoia says, “don’t sit on the toilet, you never know what is on the seat.”

So I’ve taught my Sons and Grandson’s to only stand in public men’s rooms. 
I’ll exercise situational awareness and be safe rather than sorry in that regard.

CJ

3 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

I’d bet you’d even go to the men’s room when you don’t need to go to the men’s room, just to dry your hands.

My hands get so cold nowdays that's not a bad idea.

JHC

2 hours ago, Alpo said:

When you are sitting on the toilet, your face is to the room.

That way you face the door and never see them pull the trigger on the shotgun.:blink:

5 hours ago, Alpo said:

He gets so upset when you put writing without a picture in his meme a thread.

37356FBE-D30F-48F0-AF39-3F82AD74551D.jpeg.28bf5a2bada26553c1a8ce7ece708068.jpeg.0e5cfe5cd94be9f1058ea0ab519e61be.jpeg

All right. I get that it is not a urinal.

What is it? I've never seen anything that looks like that before.

I hate hot air driers.  I always carry a big bandanna size handkerchief in my back pocket. 

2 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

I hate hot air driers.  I always carry a big bandanna size handkerchief in my back pocket. 

If I'm stopping just to use the restroom, I take in my own paper towels. From what I have read, these "hand dryers" are actually more unsanitary than the toilet flush handle. Besides, I can also use the paper towel to open the door with also.

8 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

No, just blows air when it senses the presence of something.

Like Chuck Schumer?

Cat Brules 

They work in dry climates much better. 

Then, there's the touching the door handle to open the door. I asked an architect why public restroom doors only open in and he was baffled.

If there aren't any paper towels I wait for the guy in front of me to open the door and catch it with my foot. Or, I pull the door closer arm towards me on and get my foot in the door. 

1 hour ago, Assassin said:

They work in dry climates much better. 

Then, there's the touching the door handle to open the door. I asked an architect why public restroom doors only open in and he was baffled.

If there aren't any paper towels I wait for the guy in front of me to open the door and catch it with my foot. Or, I pull the door closer arm towards me on and get my foot in the door. 

If the doors opened outwards into a corridor, there is the very real possibility that someone will forcesbly open the door quickly and hit a passerby.

25 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

If the doors opened outwards into a corridor, there is the very real possibility that doom eon earth will forcesbly open the door quickly and hit a passerby.

The rest rooms in question were at a prison and could have opened out without impeding traffic. They also built the mechanical room on the NW corner of the building without thinking about high winds in Wyoming. Try opening a 4 foot wide, 10 foot high door in 30 mph winds. The architect had to ask us for help to get out.

12 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Wow! I was looking for a video so Alpo would see one of these in action and I found this. 

https://youtu.be/mJ3BE9sGm5w

It won’t imbed properly but the link works. 

Blows that whole air dryers are more sanitary than paper towels right out of the solar system.

11 hours ago, Assassin said:

The rest rooms in question were at a prison and could have opened out without impeding traffic. They also built the mechanical room on the NW corner of the building without thinking about high winds in Wyoming. Try opening a 4 foot wide, 10 foot high door in 30 mph winds. The architect had to ask us for help to get out.

Bathrooms are built to code and the architects follow it even when it doesn't make sense. 

Where I work, our new building had a diaper changing table in the bathroom. We finally got it removed after we pointed out that the odds of a baby being in our building are about 100 million to one.

2 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Bathrooms are built to code and the architects follow it even when it doesn't make sense. 

Where I work, our new building had a diaper changing table in the bathroom. We finally got it removed after we pointed out that the odds of a baby being in our building are about 100 million to one.

My 2018 IBC code book does not mention door swing in a restroom. It does mention doors opening into corridors, common areas etc. If the door was recessed into the restroom they could reverse the door swing and make the door open out, much easier for ADA people to exit in an emergency. And, we could push the door open rather than touch a nasty door handle. Might be cheaper to build the restroom with door that opens into the room, days lost to illness would offset that cost after a very short time. I built them for years, I just maintain them now. Still retain a general contractor license for inhouse projects.

6 minutes ago, Warden Callaway said:

I find small businesses have a men's and women's bathrooms that are designed to accommodate one person at a time and the door locks.   Bigger places like Wally-World and such have no doors. Just a hallway with a switchback. 

that’s more a function of building code.  15 people occupancy is the break point for one shared restroom vs two or more. 

Remember!! No matter how good the soap smells, it's wrong to be smelling your fingers when you leave the restroom.      GW

I couldn't help but wonder what the look on the face of a hand drier might look like if the person ahead of him made the urinal identification error alluded to in the opening post  

You mean to say we'..ve actually got something BEFORE you guys..had those fancy hand dryers for years, now speak of taps & they have all the different contraptions fitted to them, no longer a simple matter of just turning them on !!1

20 hours ago, G W Wade said:

Remember!! No matter how good the soap smells, it's wrong to be smelling your fingers when you leave the restroom.      GW

Naw it's fine. I don't sniff my fingers because the soap smells good.  I do it to make sure I washed them good enough. 

Archived