SASS Wire Forum

I don’t get this at all...

JD Lud

Could be as simple as the Seven Hills spokesman says -- an intersection of interests between groups on the left and on the right. The old, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend," bit.

Or it could be a more a matter of a leftist group going where they know there will be angry conservatives, hoping for a fight.

Either way, it will be interesting to watch the different takes the media offers on it.

One thing I am noticing in the past couple of years, I saw it in Oregon and I am seeing here in California, lots of Liberal minded people buying guns and going to shooting ranges. They were / are there to buy guns and learn to shoot. 

One might think that this is odd but many Liberals are patriotic Americans. ;)

A bit misguided, but patriotic Americans nonetheless. :lol:

Now, Antifa at a pro gun march? I would definitely go armed. 

If Antifa were willing to take off their masks and express their opinions in an accountable fashion, I’d have no trouble working with them on areas of common ground.

Masks and anonymity?  No good can come from engaging such cowards.

I have a number of friends and family I consider "liberal" that are pro-gun, and some who are more conservative who aren't so much. Given the somewhat libertarian nature of many of my own opinions, as well as my other opinions and beliefs, many here might find me somewhat in line with liberal thought on a variety of issues outside of the Second Amendment. If a person is liberal but pro-2A, then I say treat them civilly where we disagree and embrace them where we do. Antifa, however, is a different story. I think Charlie Harley put it better than I could.

3 hours ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

If Antifa were willing to take off their masks and express their opinions in an accountable fashion, I’d have no trouble working with them on areas of common ground.

Masks and anonymity?  No good can come from engaging such cowards.

I’d have to shoot the first one that swept me with a weapon.  Let’em march alone.  Why would you trust them at all, given their history?   Then they show up armed, saying, “Uh, hey dude!  I wanna protest these gun grabbers!  I’m gonna march with you dudes.  ‘K?”

“No, coyote breath!  Git home!  You have a math test tomorrow!”

Cat Brules

3 hours ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

If you read some of the articles about this you will see that at least this branch doesn't use masks and, at least from the snippets in the articles,  wants to distance itself from the CA and OR violent branches. 

Its an interesting topic and looks like several opinions on it.   I see the "silent majority" in action with electing Trump, but I really feel that momentum will continue to grow.   

I wonder...at what point will the average middle class, law abiding citizen begin to rebel against the governments that want to give more to illegal immigrants or homeless people, at the expense of the afore mentioned productive citizens?  They care more about pandering to these groups than they do about the people they are elected to represent...it is no longer the people's interest they represent, it is their own view they try to force on everyone else.  Yes Pat, southern Cali probably does have great weather, but for an example of forcing me to pay a fine if I couldn't afford health insurance while spending millions/billions on illegal immigrants healthcare and now expanding that to illegal seniors...while our own citizens get nothing?  Watching criminals go unchecked because they are illegal (if I was in any way related to that poor 92 year old woman in New York city I would be suing the person responsible for sanctuary status personally as well as the city)?  

Perhaps with the beginnings of alliances such as these, we are nearing that point?  I hope we are....when I asked my senator for a list of what laws I could break without fear of punishment she didn't answer me....funny eh?

Archived