SASS Wire Forum

WHERE HAVE YOU SHOT?

I have had the privilege of competing in shooting matches in Arizona, California, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Oregon, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba and Saskatchawan. Some were NRA bullseye and BPCR besides CAS.

I hope to work my way to Alaska, Hawaii and, then, East to Iowa, Ohio and, possibly South.

Where have you been and what's on you "TO DO" list?   :P

Ohio, PA, Michigan, North Carolina, South Carolina, Kentucky snd West Virginia.

As I get older I’m pretty much just staying local although I’d still like to go to WR or EOT before I kick the bucket !

Tennessee( home state) -most of 18 years, Kentucky a few, Georgia -a couple, Alabama- one regional, Oklahoma-Land Run once. Y'all come to Tennessee, it is really pretty and we have most of our teeth. Oh and shot once in Alaska many years ago with Marshall Stone, practice/play - not a match.

Imis

Kalifornia, Azirona, Utah, Wyoming and Colorado. There’s a lot of places I want to shoot at but life gets in the way, maybe some day.

I have shot in Colorado, California, and Iowa as far as SASS goes.  If we're talking recreational shooting in general, add Virginia.  If we count military shooting, add Georgia (plus others already listed), and a few countries :)

Age and decrepitude is keeping me from going to too many matches now.  But growing up I was in NSSA and shot in Ohio and maybe at the National Match in Winchester, VA.  I shot in club matches in PA, Ohio and Maryland when I lived nearby.  SASS matches in PA, Maryland and VA.  The farthest away I ever went to shoot was the Second Chance Match in Michigan, which was the World Series of bowling pin shooting.  

I can't remember them all so I've bought a tiny brass State charm for every State in which I have scored a match.  I'm up to two large safety pins' worth.  I got to add Alabama last year after the S/E regional.  Petey & I are still arguing about PA - he says I've been there but that was 'way back in the days of Red Cent's Travelling Wild West Show, and I do not remember being in PA.

Oklahoma, Alabama, Tennessee, Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas, Wyoming, Oregon, and New Mexico... ...for SASS, implied but not stated...   

...for the  US Army... ...a few countries across the sea, transported by a big silver bird...^_^

Washington, Idaho, Oregon, Montana, North Dakota, Michigan, Arkansas, and somewhere in the Four Corners area 'bout 15-20 years back, but I don't even remember which state...?

Arkansas, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Tennessee,  and Wisconsin.  "To Do List" includes Kentucky, Ohio, and a trip through the South/Southeastern states.  The beauty of the CAS game is that I have been to very near 25 different venues, and have felt genuinely welcome in all but one.

CS

Competitions: California, North Carolina, South Carolina, Oregon.

General: Pennsylvania, Illinois, Virginia, Indian Ocean, Pacific Ocean, Atlantic Ocean, Cuba, California, New Mexico, Oregon.

14 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I tend to stay close to home, too. I've shot in CA (Many), OR (4), NV (4), NM (1), and IL (2).

Someday, I hope to shoot Comin' Atcha, Black Gold AND WIDDERVILLE. If I get to them, I want to also shoot another match in each state or nearby.

(Number of venues.)

There, I fixed it for you..... ;)

p.s. - WIdderville is anywhere I'm shooting..... :D

..........Widder

Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine & Connecticut. Hope to make "Hell of Ruckus" in New York soon. Still need to get down to Mass. also.

Shot SASS matches in Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, New Hampshire, Oklahoma, New Mexico, South Carolina and Alabama. That includes 26 different clubs. Will be adding at least one more State and several more clubs this year. Love to travel, shoot and meet new " old friends".

I'm getting too old. I forgot shooting and being an official at Camp Perry for he NRA Pistol Championships.  :(

Regarding the Corps, way too many nations everywhere but Europe. Some are obscure and a lot are in the news today!  I disliked them all!!!!  :o

I have never set foot in Europe.  :angry:

Alabama (4 different clubs), Tennessee, Mississippi, Georgia, Ohio, Florida, and New Mexico (EOT '06).  Of course, I'd like to shoot at every club in every state...ain't gonna happen.  I do want to shoot Winter Range, EOT again, Comin' Atcha, and a few more sometime soon.  

SASS... KS, OK, TX, CO, NE, AZ, NM, WY. All great places and I will go back to all.

Need to add more  states to that list.

On 1/17/2020 at 8:28 PM, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

North and South Carolina, Virginia, Utah, Nevada, Arizona, California, South Vietnam.

I shot that one also.  Accommodations were "basic" and the food sucked.  The daily air shows were entertaining and the night time fireworks were outstanding.

The match director tried hard but I would not attend again.

Alberta, Saskatchewan, Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota & Arizona. With any luck I'll get to shoot at Noxon with Mud Marine later this year, hope he has a better battery in his camper!

New York- Circle K Regulators,Home of Heluva Rucus from 1997 to present, Boot Hill Regulators,1997 to present.

Pennsylvania-Susquahanna Round up,1997 & 98 and Matamoras Mavericks,Home of Rendezvous at Rattlesnake Ridge, since they started having CAS shoots.

Maryland-Mason/Dixon Stampede 2003

Georgia- Mule Camp 2000 & 2002

I must be getting old, when I read the topic I read it as "where have you been shot", and before seeing the replys was thinking that I had caught a pellet from a 20ga just under my safety glasses once that bled good enough that I turned around to all the younger shooters and pointed at all of them with my finger bloody from my cheek and told them all "This is why you wear safety glasses!"  but never been actually shot...

Unfortunately, I need to replace my transmission!!!  :( After that, I will add a new house battery, possibly a new water tank and even an improved inverter.

My poor RV is like me, it needs an upgrade and some new parts!!!  :huh:

However, I will certainly welcome you to the Rocky Mountain Rangers in beautiful downtown Noxon. I may have to provide you with a tent but real cowboys would simply curl up in a blanket roll on the ground!  :P

Archived