SASS Wire Forum

Life goals

Raylan

So being over 6 decades old, my supervisor asked me during our annual review what my life goals were. So I said, well I wanna be a cowboy. I think my answer was unexpected and caught her off guard. I gathered that from her rather open mouthed gape and stunned silence. 

Of course I don't want to be a real cowboy - working my butt off in the rain, cold, snow, heat, mud, dust....and taking care of cattle and horses  before seeing to any of my own needs. I want to be a movie/tv cowboy looking cool while packing six guns, toting a lever action rifle, and rocking a shotgun. 

So my question is since I wouldn't be a real  cowboy, would that make me a trans-cowboy?  :) ( And I would warn anyone  to not under any circumstances put that term into a search engine.) And if so does that mean I am eligible for affirmative action programs? I'm already considering seeking reparations for left handedness.   

I couldn't help myself, again. 

First thought.....:blush:

Image result for naked cowboy new york

...and yes he has boots, hat, etc. ;)

7 minutes ago, Raylan said:

So being over 6 decades old, my supervisor asked me during our annual review what my life goals were. So I said, well I wanna be a cowboy. I think my answer was unexpected and caught her off guard. I gathered that from her rather open mouthed gape and stunned silence. 

Of course I don't want to be a real cowboy - working my butt off in the rain, cold, snow, heat, mud, dust....and taking care of cattle and horses  before seeing to any of my own needs. I want to be a movie/tv cowboy looking cool while packing six guns, toting a lever action rifle, and rocking a shotgun. 

So my question is since I wouldn't be a real  cowboy, would that make me a trans-cowboy?  :) ( And I would warn anyone  to not under any circumstances put that term into a search engine.) And if so does that mean I am eligible for affirmative action programs? I'm already considering seeking reparations for left handedness.   

My goal at 78 is to be 88, then 98.  After that I get ambivalent about it all.

I want to shoot SASS in the 100 year old category, hunt forever, become a NRA bullseye High Master at 100, see my grandchildren graduate, get married have children, see SCOTUS make the 2nd and the 10th ABSOLUTE and all kinds of other stuff.  :D

I want to live to 100 in good health and then be reincarnated as a owner of  a cowboy town with shoots every week!

I want to see the Chiefs win the Super Bowl. Drafted right after they won the last one 50 years ago. Would be cool if I would get drafted after they win this one. Next wish is maybe be alive next Christmas.

I’ve accomplished two of the three major goals in my life! 

1: To live long enough to amaze my friends. CHECK!

2: To live long enough to really piss off my enemies.  CHECK!!

3: To live long enough to spend my kid’s inheritance.  WORKING ON IT!  :lol:

When I interviewed for the job I have now the Exec. Director asked what my goals were if I get this job. 
I said “I want to get one more Light Rail “Start Up” under my belt and then retire. This Start Up will make this my 5th one.” (I knew I had the job in the bag)

The HR rep asked “Why would you want to retire right after a Start Up? Don’t you think you would want to stick around and enjoy the fruits of your labor?” ( Yeah...I know :blink:)

I said “Miss (whatever her name was), If I am around much here after January of 2023 It’ll only be because ‘Satan in ice skatin”

My future Exec. Director laughed and said “When you come on board we will try and not keep you past when you want to retire. We don’t want Hell freezing over any time soon.”:lol:

I knew I had the job in the bag...;)

Archived