SASS Wire Forum

Soft Pistol Case

Tequila Shooter

I've been looking for a simple 2 pistol soft case to carry my pistols to/from matches.  I've looked at Brownell's, Midway, and even Amazon but keep running into the same questions.  My pistols are SAA with 4 3/4" barrels so not overly big.  I thought I'd ask here to see what others have, what works, and doesn't work, and where you bought it.

In a few months when I'm healed up I'll probably make a leather one just to expand my hobby.

For local matches, I put my pistols in the holsters, wrap the belt around them and place them all in a canvas replica dynamite bag I have had for 35 years.

Bag goes in the back of the truck with carts, ammo etc. bed cover is closed and locked..

Imis

I would like to find one myself. I have an old "Bob Allen" brand soft double case that holds two SAAs with 7 1/2 barrels-but won't hold two Dragoons with same barrel length. This thing is now about 50 years old but still works great, but for how much longer? Have never seen another one similar.

In Idaho, Montana and Wyoming, I put the CAS revolvers on the passenger seat and the long guns on the back seat. My CCW revolver goes on my belt fully loaded.

I have a Washington CCW but put my long guns and revolvers unloaded in hard sided gun cases.  I no longer shoot in Oregon.

In Canada, I put the firearms in their locked cases with trigger locks and the ammo in its locked box.

Gun socks sold by Mernickle at major matches and also from the manufacturer and some online retailers.  My wife uses pink socks and I use gray ones.

if you PM me i have some that work fine for that size revolver - seperat pockets and an exterior pocket as well , good zippers ,i have multiples - ill send you one for postage , 

6 hours ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

YEP....they are real nice.

I put my pistols in the outside pockets of a tactical gun case with the two long arms inside. It's a VooDoo tactical case previously recommended here on the wire. 

7 hours ago, WOLFY said:

im hoping he’s still making these...

Bill’s Custom Cases out of San Jose

C1C735E2-0016-4C3B-A0A3-DDA256853F3B.jpeg

I looked him up and he only advertises knife cases, so if it is the same guy it would be a custom size.  In 2008 he said he was 60 years old so no telling if he's still working.  Here's his link http://www.billscustomcases.com/about.html

I put my revolvers in their holsters wrap them up and shove them in a duffel bag.

I know one cowboy who hangs his gun belt rearward behind his driver side seat off the headrest in his pick up. Also works quite well if you live in a gun friendly state.

I believe Cowboy Shooters Supply has some 2 handgun soft cases. I use the cases they have that hold a long gun on either side and three pouches for hand guns in the center compartment. Joe and Martha are good people and cowboy shooters.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 1:10 PM, Mud Marine,SASS#54686 Life said:

In Idaho, Montana and Wyoming, I put the CAS revolvers on the passenger seat and the long guns on the back seat. My CCW revolver goes on my belt fully loaded.

I have a Washington CCW but put my long guns and revolvers unloaded in hard sided gun cases.  I no longer shoot in Oregon.

In Canada, I put the firearms in their locked cases with trigger locks and the ammo in its locked box.

You should come down and visit us in Baker City we get quite a few Idaho Shooters.

I guess that my CCW is no good in Oregon.  :angry:

I last shot there in Bend.

As an El Rey, I don't get around too much anymore.

I do plan to visit you guys if I am still alive!  :D

Archived