SASS Wire Forum

SASS structure

El Hombre Sin Nombre

It seems the more I learn about SASS, the less I know. Does anyone know exactly how the structure works? In particular, how do the powers of the Wild Bunch, ROC, and Territorial Governors intertwine? I am also interested in the history (the real history) of how this all came about. Anyone that's been around awhile and full understands how it all works? I would love to learn more. Thanks

SASS was organized as a "For Profit" corporation. The Wild Bunch ran it. There were NO MEMBERS despite what we were called. The Museum, Hall of Fame, Founders Ranch, etc. had "members" who made donations. Over time, those "perks" were ignored and forgotten. The Founders Ranch memberships still have theirs but to get them you have to contact the SASS office.

Next, SASS became a "Non Profit" corporation. I have no idea of what that entailed.

Later, 'Patron" memberships were sold.

The history is a tad sordid.

There is a write up on the top of the SASS home page under the "about us " icon, which summarizes the origins and growth of SASS over the years.  It's out of date, but it does sum up the general structure of SASS.  As has been stated, it is owned by The Wild Bunch and, as such, is a private company. 

Since Misty Moonshine became CEO she has made every effort to make SASS extremely transparent and above board.  She has posted updates on almost everything.

I've never been confused, deceived, or misinformed, if I took the time to ask direct questions and not listen to the "hive mind".

Apparently some are upset by the recent ROC clarifications of recent rule changes, and don't realize that the ROC were the ones that put forward the rule change to start with, and the TGs agreed with them.  

There is also a venue for getting a rule changed that you don't agree with.  It starts with your TG, not with the Wire.

For direct information about how things work, call the SASS Office or send Misty an email.  Contact information is available though the front page. 

They would be happy to talk to you.

Archived