SASS Wire Forum

ISO Remington 58 cylinder

I have an older Pietta 1858 percussion cap pistol that I am looking to sell.  Problem is, I can't find the original cylinder.  Anyone have cylinder they want to sell cheap (enough). One that has been used and some patina would be preferred.  Thanks for looking.

Greetings Finagler

I have a bunch, but it would help to know the date code on the pistol.

Pietta made A change in the width of the cylinder bolt notches some time ago, so ..... 

or you could offer it up without the cylinder and see who is interested?

yhs

prof marvel

On 1/13/2020 at 4:39 PM, Professor Marvel said:

Greetings Finagler

I have a bunch, but it would help to know the date code on the pistol.

Pietta made A change in the width of the cylinder bolt notches some time ago, so ..... 

or you could offer it up without the cylinder and see who is interested?

yhs

prof marvel

Professor,

Sorry for the delay in replying.  Work keeps getting in the way.  The serial number on the item in question starts with a B.  I have tried other cylinders in it and they seem to function properly.  I have a buyer at work but would like to keep my cylinder for my other 58s.  I use conversion cylinders in those and could probably let it go as such but, well, you know how it is.

On 1/13/2020 at 11:26 AM, Trigger Mike said:

I do.  Barely used though, but I don't know the value, feel free to make an offer

Mike:

I appreciate your offer.  I don't want to spend much and I don't want to insult you with a bad offer.  I was hoping for $20 + shipping someone would have a paper weight on their desk to get rid of.  the guy here at work just wants this for plinking and trying out BP.  He has experience with BP rifles and just wants to mess with it.  I think he is also wanting to get ready for the government apocalypse.

Archived