SASS Wire Forum

Wtb casting bullet items

jasper stone

If you don't find what you need here, Midway USA has the Lee 4-20 pot, 6 cavity molds, flux, etc. Skip the size die and get the Lee Factory Crimp Die. Lube with liquid Alox. No need to go through the size/ lube crap process. Too much work.

22 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

If you don't find what you need here, Midway USA has the Lee 4-20 pot, 6 cavity molds, flux, etc. Skip the size die and get the Lee Factory Crimp Die. Lube with liquid Alox. No need to go through the size/ lube crap process. Too much work.

Alox is ok for Smokeless powder. 

But not great on BP.

There is some work involved. 

But I pan lube my BP bullets .

With 60/40 Beeswax and Lard .

Lee loading equipment is great for the money .

I have never seen much of a need to buy more expensive stuff.

2 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

Hey slim maybe before or after our next shoot at paradise pass we can meet up  and i can check out the process .? 

Like Slim said, and Liquid Alox will work great with black substitutes. Sold my lubrisizer for simple Lee sizer dies if needed (for bottleneck calibers) and tumble lube. Quick and easy.

7 minutes ago, jasper stone said:

I have the lee classic 4 hole turret press, would just like to save even more money making our own bullets.

Start scrounging lead. Any lead. Just no batteries. I'll show you how to process it in the spring. 

Slim, I find lead on Craigslist for about $1 per pound or less, no batteries.

I buy 50/50 solder (or more) at estate sales for pocket change.

Lee tumble lube molds with Lee lube for smokless and no lube for APP or 777 loads.

Make friends with roofers, plumbers, utility workers, auto mechanics, etc. I work part time for an auto dealership group doing building maintenance. I pick wheel weights weekly. 

No one source gets me a bunch but combined they keep me going.

• 1 month later...

I started with a little lee pot worked well for awhile but started dripping all the time. Bought a Lyman Mag 25 night and day difference spend the money the first time. I also love the lee 6 hole molds....guess what I am doing.

15834317003053245366031019843908.jpg

Yes it does make a difference. If you get Lymans bullet casting book you will discover that bullets heated in an ovenand dropped at the same time into water will be more consistent in hardness.

kR

PS you will also find a wealth of information about alloys, casting and hardness on the LASC website.

Jasper, 

I have this 

Lee Production Pot 90009
Lee 6-Cavity Bullet Mold 358-125-RNFP 90306
Lee Commercial Bullet Mold Handles for 6-Cavity Lee Bullet Molds 90005
Lee Bullet Sizing Die Kit .358 90048

Plus about a 1/2 bottle of liquid alox.

All used and all in good shape.  

How's $95 plus shipping sound?

R.A.

6 hours ago, Kid Rich said:

Yes it does make a difference. If you get Lymans bullet casting book you will discover that bullets heated in an ovenand dropped at the same time into water will be more consistent in hardness.

kR

PS you will also find a wealth of information about alloys, casting and hardness on the LASC website.

Letting them sit and age does the same. ;)

OLG 

Archived