SASS Wire Forum

Rebuilding Cajon

Yul Lose

Late in 2019 the new owners of the ranch that the Cajon Cowboys shooting range is on took over. Part of their business plan is to turn the ranch into a world class shooting range and the Cajon Cowboys range and facades is going to be the jewel of the range, every facade, container, boardwalk, everything had to be torn down and moved and stored while the grading was done and bay walls were built. Right before the first of the year Bear Trap, the match director got the green light to start rebuilding and he  and his crew jumped in with both feet. In the short time that they’ve been at it they have got nearly half of the stages complete and he’s really hoping to hold the first match there at the new range on the fourth Saturday of January, that’s two weeks and in my opinion they might just pull it off. 

They moved the last two facades into place today and other volunteers were there painting the facades that are already in place. Everything will get a fresh new coat of paint. The custom personality painting is done by an artist who also did all of the character painting up at the RR Bar. A lot of her work is evident on the facades but from what I understand she’s got some great new ideas for some of the structures, she is very talented and when she gets done I’ll post some more pictures of the finished facades.

Today there were a bunch of workers show up but that’s not always the case during the week and over the past holiday season. Beartrap, JJ, Choctah Gal, Whirlwind Wendy, Iron Eyes Rudy, Horsetheif Harold, Bangalow Bill and a few others that I can’t think of right now have been there on nearly an everyday basis and really deserve a big thank you from all of us that enjoy shooting up at Cajon. 

As you can see from the pictures it is really going to be quite a CAS venue and if I’ve got it correct every loading and unloading table will be under cover. Once all of the stages are all up and operational a clubhouse will be built. Right next to the CAS range they are pouring  the footings for a big activity center and range office.

C73734A6-17BE-43FB-A5DF-ACB5930175FB.jpeg

AEAF6C41-1D84-4812-8F5E-35F478452406.jpeg

3D463FAE-37D5-490A-9967-7B2E545BE016.jpeg

DD7F3431-DFC8-45E2-AAB3-6EE8579F6B7F.jpeg

C64F8E7C-0544-406F-BD1C-F055F1B03367.jpeg

CE6542B6-340E-4D69-A725-29DED4177CA3.jpeg

86603FEB-A7E0-4839-8FBD-9DCAE5364CA8.jpeg

434370B4-8DEF-4871-8125-FD2106D30DD9.jpeg

3101E35A-BDC0-4825-9B5F-B606DA43531A.jpeg

AFF5573D-A898-4F0A-81C4-038982F56575.jpeg

B6086C06-A67F-4178-A7F5-0ECDC4039C88.jpeg

E00FB086-E0C5-420B-B918-ADFD9B6A6867.jpeg

091BDCAE-7D26-48EB-BB18-0CC431F9698C.jpeg

1436D286-D543-4B1F-8C9F-3CDBB5E4F9CB.jpeg

5DA38359-7D19-4AE9-B6A6-9043D80998C5.jpeg

40 minutes ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

Wow that looks amazing. I have to make a trip down there sometime this year

We’d be glad to have you, it’s really going to be something when it’s all done.

18 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

So glad the new landlord wanted to keep the range going! 

One of our all time favorite SASS clubs.

I really think Bojack would be pleased.

OLG 

The new landlord is very fond of the Cajon Cowboys and has really gone out of his way to take care of them. With four full bays and two facades per bay they nearly have everything that they did before with the exception of stage one on the old range. The new club house and meeting facility will be a first there and if Bear Trap gets to build it out like he’s talking about it will be very similar to RR Bar with a false town front running the entire length of the four bays across from them.

10 minutes ago, Hendo said:

That's looking great! 

What's the road in like? 

It’s really nice. They’ve changed the range entrance to just north of the old ranch entrance about 50 yards. You don’t have to pull that long narrow road anymore. When this place is finished it’s going to be Incredible. 

4 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

It’s really nice. They’ve changed the range entrance to just north of the old ranch entrance about 50 yards. You don’t have to pull that long narrow road anymore. When this place is finished it’s going to be Incredible. 

Soooo when is the next shoot?????  

Texas Lizard

24 minutes ago, Texas Lizard said:

Soooo when is the next shoot?????  

Texas Lizard

Maybe two weeks from today.

1 hour ago, Nasty Nels said:

When do I sign up for Legends?

Nels, Bear Trap told me on Wednesday there’s a good chance there will be a Legends match in 2021.

1 hour ago, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

Mouthwatering....................

Yes it is!! The way things are looking it’s going to be a great CAS venue, I loved stage one on the old range and it’s the only one that they can’t duplicate because it was a movement down range type of stage. 

24 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Yes it is!! The way things are looking it’s going to be a great CAS venue, I loved stage one on the old range and it’s the only one that they can’t duplicate because it was a movement down range type of stage. 

That was our favorite stage also. 

PLZ, keep us updated on the progress. 

OLG 

41 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

That was our favorite stage also. 

PLZ, keep us updated on the progress. 

OLG 

Will do. I’ll be out there this coming weekend and will post more progress pictures.

Yul Lose ...

Thanks for the update - the range looks great. We'll have to come shoot it with you guys one of these days. My son lives in Santee so coming south to both visit and shoot is a good thing. Where is the range?

Congrats to your team...

RR

23 minutes ago, Roger Rapid said:

Yul Lose ...

Thanks for the update - the range looks great. We'll have to come shoot it with you guys one of these days. My son lives in Santee so coming south to both visit and shoot is a good thing. Where is the range?

Congrats to your team...

RR

OLG will get you lost, RR. Cajon is just north of where the 15 and 215 come together in San Berdoo. Take the Kenwood Road exit on to old Route 66 north and you’ll see it on the right.

Ah ha... Further north. Better for us. We'll make it one of these days!

RR

2 minutes ago, Roger Rapid said:

Ah ha... Further north. Better for us. We'll make it one of these days!

RR

I've been there Roger, it's a great venue and fine folks.  It's easy to find.  I come in off 395/I15S at Cleghorn to Route 66 to stay out of the city.

Archived