SASS Wire Forum

35 Year Old Father of One Moves Out of Grandmothers House

Subdeacon Joe

The brits are great people and a great history. One other difference between the countries is that they sing;

God Bless the Queen

Whereas we sing;

God Bless America

All of these comments remind me of the time friends, she was an Aussie and he was from CA, were at our house in Sacramento. I had photos of my gg-grandfather and gg-grandmother over one of the beds. She asked why I had a photo of Prince Charlie in my house. My poor gg-grandfather looked like Charles, he even had those ears. He was German, so he may have been a relative to the Windsors.

16 hours ago, Assassin said:

Didn't say take her money. Just the palaces and fancy homes should be open to the public and that money should go to the general fund rather than the Crown. Seems like much pomp and circumstance over a bunch of has beens. 

Never been to Russia. Never been to England either. Neither is on my bucket list. 

Just a matter of general interest. Lots of people take an interest in history, other countries, other languages and cultures, etc.  Others apparently don't.

I've been to England many times; Russia once. Both very interesting places. Up to 1776, English history was American history. English literature is American literature. 

As for Harry, he's giving up the governmental Royal allowance, which is only 5% of his income. The rest is from his dad, the Prince of Wales, whose properties form the Duchy of Cornwall. He owns them outright.

Archived