SASS Wire Forum

35 Year Old Father of One Moves Out of Grandmothers House

Subdeacon Joe

A 35 year old man has made the brave decision to stop living with his grandmother.

The man known as ‘Harry’ told relatives he will still honour his family members but will no longer live near them.

“I want to become financially independent,” says the father of one. “I’m also going to give up my allowance.”

The move is expected to cost him millions of dollars.

But Harry says he’s not concerned as he’s already worth around $60 million, while his wife Meghan is worth around $7.6 million.

“It’s going to be an adjustment,” Meghan Markle told DBT. “But at least we know we won’t have to get actual jobs. I might just start another mummy blog.”

More to come.

They're not millenials...they are Royals...a whole different animal.

Actually, I admire them.  They have decided that they do not want the benefits or the burdens, and are prepared to give up both and make their own way.  Sounds like they intend to do good things.

Money is relative; there is always someone with more and someone with less. 

LL

Harry's the best of a bad bunch. Leave him alone.

Remember that he went to Afghanistan when he didn't have to and was mad when the Aussie reporter outted him because he had to leave- for the protection of the soldiers that he was serving with since his presence made anywhere he was posted a major target.

Don't forget the  Invictus games and his support of wounded warriors worldwide.

The manner in which some blogs and the British tabloids covered Meghan, including some really nasty racist jibes reminded me of the manner in which they contributed to the death of HRH's Mother, Diana, Princess of Wales.

That is something her son could not forget and seeing something similar starting to happen to his wife was likely the final straw.

Their new lives here in Canada as well as your country should be far more pleasant.

There is a movement currently gathering momentum here to have him become the next Governor General.

10 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Millennials! Ha! :P

He would be “Oregon Trail Generation” which is really funny because he is a Brit. But being a Royal makes him different anyway.

i respect his decision to leave to make life easier for his wife.  What is more important, the family business and 6th in line for the throne or his wife? There are others who will do the job of being patrons of several charities and if some unthinkable thing should happen to those ahead of him I am sure he would step up and be a great  King Harry IX.

i have seen many articles about how the brits did not understand how the Americans had racist attitudes. With Meghan’s feelings of animosity toward her among the Brits, I assume it is the “aristocracy “ that is “different”. I might be wrong but I would just say “a bunch of snobs”.

Quite honestly I really couldn’t care less about the British Royal Family and what’s really baffling to me is America’s obsession with these people.  :blink::wacko:

9 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Quite honestly I really couldn’t care less about the British Royal Family and what’s really baffling to me is America’s obsession with these people.  :blink::wacko:

Women are the one's obsessed. They see the queen and a princess involved which is their dream. If they couldn't be one they dream of at least being treated like one. Also the biggest obsessor would be the media.

Now guys, they would rather go fishing.

9 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I believe part of that is an American is now involved.   I'm only slightly interested to see if my own cynical theories as to why this is happening play out.

7 minutes ago, Smoken D said:

Women are the one's obsessed. They see the queen and a princess involved which is their dream. If they couldn't be one they dream of at least being treated like one. Also the biggest obsessor would be the media.

Now guys, they would rather go fishing.

Not so.  A lot of men, too.   Some of it is the history. Deny it all you like, but the history of England is an integral part of our history.  Up until about 10 years ago I could rattle off the monarchs from Ecgberht through Her Majesty, Elizabeth, second of that name,  by grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and of her other Realms and Territories, Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith. Some of us very much enjoy the pomp and pageantry that goes along with the long history.  I'm also happy that we don't have to deal with such frippery here although, with some having what amounts to lifetime tenure in the Senate, House, or State Legislature, and able to pass that on to a hand-picked successor, it sometimes seems as if we have created our own class of royalty based on the ability to lie convincingly rather than on blood lines.

36 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Not so.  A lot of men, too.   Some of it is the history. Deny it all you like, but the history of England is an integral part of our history.  Up until about 10 years ago I could rattle off the monarchs from Ecgberht through Her Majesty, Elizabeth, second of that name,  by grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and of her other Realms and Territories, Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith. Some of us very much enjoy the pomp and pageantry that goes along with the long history.  I'm also happy that we don't have to deal with such frippery here although, with some having what amounts to lifetime tenure in the Senate, House, or State Legislature, and able to pass that on to a hand-picked successor, it sometimes seems as if we have created our own class of royalty based on the ability to lie convincingly rather than on blood lines.

Must be a mid-west thing. I cannot think of one person that would know your information. Out here in the country we are only interested in jobs, feeding family, hunting and fishing. Right now only 3 days left in deer season which began Sept. 15th. I try to hunt as much as possible to help feed the many widows we have. One deer will feed them for a year, that's what is important around here. That's our royalty, our needy, not no pompous spoiled millionaire brats from England.

Please don't think this is anything towards you, I am highly impressed with your knowledge.

4 minutes ago, Smoken D said:

Must be a mid-west thing. I cannot think of one person that would know your information. Out here in the country we are only interested in jobs, feeding family, hunting and fishing. Right now only 3 days left in deer season which began Sept. 15th. I try to hunt as much as possible to help feed the many widows we have. One deer will feed them for a year, that's what is important around here. That's our royalty, our needy, not no pompous spoiled millionaire brats from England.

Please don't think this is anything towards you, I am highly impressed with your knowledge.

No offense taken at all.   We just have different points of view.

The things you mention are not mutually exclusive to a knowledge of and interest in the British monarchy.  Just as knowing our colonial and antebellum history does not exclude being interested in "jobs, feeding family, hunting and fishing."  

I commend you for using your skills to help feed the needy.  

23 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

They're not millenials...they are Royals...a whole different animal.

Actually, I admire them.  They have decided that they do not want the benefits or the burdens, and are prepared to give up both and make their own way.  Sounds like they intend to do good things.

Money is relative; there is always someone with more and someone with less. 

LL

And those who do more, with less, are the winners.

Yes, I started this thread as a bit of good natured fun at his decision and a different spin on it. I was not expecting to see the hard disrespect for him, and the rest of the royals, that I have seen expressed here.  

A reminder - no one seemed to have a problem with Prince Harry doing:
image.jpeg.b7f38372530c4a6605f0c8f2d055b2d3.jpeg

Related image

Image result for prince harry at arlington

Prince Harry, Mark Fidler - Prince Harry Visits Arlington National Cemetery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R4X7OeL3Mc 

16 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

My thoughts exactly. But is he taking his security detail with him??? Who pays for that? Just another pampered eletist. He went to Afganistan, wow, so did lots of others men.

4 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Yes, I started this thread as a bit of good natured fun at his decision and a different spin on it. I was not expecting to see the hard disrespect for him, and the rest of the royals, that I have seen expressed here.  

A reminder - no one seemed to have a problem with Prince Harry doing:
image.jpeg.b7f38372530c4a6605f0c8f2d055b2d3.jpeg

Related image

Image result for prince harry at arlington

Prince Harry, Mark Fidler - Prince Harry Visits Arlington National Cemetery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R4X7OeL3Mc 

Maybe it is because most of us here have had to work hard for what we have. We weren't born into it or inherited it. I guess it could be jealousy or envy but more than anything, I think it's patriotism. We fought British royalty, their levies, their restrictive laws and their unfair taxes to gain our independence. I have a good respect for Prince Harry for joining the military, I wish all of the male royals would have to so they would have an understanding what the other 99.999999% of the military deal with. 

Suffice to say, I don't think it has anything to do with you Joe.....I found the initial post funny as heck.

Sorry but I do not understand why we, as Americans, give a crap what the royals in Britain do. 

2 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

Suffice to say, I don't think it has anything to do with you Joe.....I found the initial post funny as heck.

Oh, I know it isn't about me.  And I also found the take on it funny as all get out - otherwise I wouldn't have posted it.  For me the interest in The Royals is because of our historic ties to England.  Yes, we told them where to go and what to do when they got there.  And then, about 3 decades later they tried to take us back.  But they also, as much as their aristocracy wanted to do so, did not aid the Confederacy which helped to hold our Union together. Then England was our ally in a couple of really nasty, world bestriding wars.

I don't know why they continue to spend money on all that royal crap.

Kings and Queens are archaic and all those palaces and fancy homes should be made into museums. Who cares who they marry and fornicate with. They're just people and none are perfect.

That's a great idea. Take the palace, that has been owned by the Queen's family for hundreds of years, take it away from her and make it into a museum.

I think the Russians did that in 1917.

44 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Oh, I know it isn't about me.  And I also found the take on it funny as all get out - otherwise I wouldn't have posted it.  For me the interest in The Royals is because of our historic ties to England.  Yes, we told them where to go and what to do when they got there.  And then, about 3 decades later they tried to take us back. Yep, they didn't fair well in that endeavor either.  But they also, as much as their aristocracy wanted to do so, did not aid the Confederacy which helped to hold our Union together. True, but I don't hold that against them. Then England was our ally in a couple of really nasty, world bestriding wars. I don't remember reading about any royals having an active part in either war. I do remember that at least three of our future Presidents did have active parts however.

The Led Zeppelin song Stairway to Heaven is, without a doubt, a great song. It's just that after hearing the song 50,000 times, you kind of get sick hearing it. To me, it the same with the royals.

3 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

True, but I don't hold that against them.

:lol:

4 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

I don't remember reading about any royals having an active part in either war.

Other than setting an example of carrying on by refusing to leave one of the prime targets, they didn't.  Except HRH Elizabeth in the motorpool.  But as a national symbol and figurehead the monarchy was quite valuable.

18 minutes ago, Alpo said:

That's a great idea. Take the palace, that has been owned by the Queen's family for hundreds of years, take it away from her and make it into a museum.

I think the Russians did that in 1917.

Let her pay for all the upkeep and security. Just how did the royals make their money, just by being royal?

30 minutes ago, Assassin said:

Just how did the royals make their money, just by being royal?

Don't know, don't care. They've had it for hundreds of years. Long before my time.

But they're rich, so we need to take it away from them and give it to the poor people.

Still sounds like Russia.

Actually the Royal family does not own the real estate that they are most associated with, it belongs to the country as a whole. They do receive a Sovereign Grant from the government but most of their wealth comes from property and investments that have been passed down for generations.

The tourism generated by the fascination with the royal family puts significantly more money into the British economy than the royal family gets in return. It would be poor business sense to abolish what is essentially a cash cow for the UK as a whole..

https://money.cnn.com/2018/05/09/pf/where-queens-money-comes-from-uk-royal-wedding/index.html

https://www.businessinsider.com/british-royal-family-richest-people-2017-11

43 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Don't know, don't care. They've had it for hundreds of years. Long before my time.

But they're rich, so we need to take it away from them and give it to the poor people.

Still sounds like Russia.

Didn't say take her money. Just the palaces and fancy homes should be open to the public and that money should go to the general fund rather than the Crown. Seems like much pomp and circumstance over a bunch of has beens. 

Never been to Russia. Never been to England either. Neither is on my bucket list. 

36 minutes ago, Assassin said:

Didn't say take her money. Just the palaces and fancy homes should be open to the public and that money should go to the general fund rather than the Crown. Seems like much pomp and circumstance over a bunch of has beens. 

Never been to Russia. Never been to England either. Neither is on my bucket list. 

Most of the Royal palaces are open to the public. The nominal admission fee goes towards their upkeep.

George 3 made some kind of sweet heart deal that his family would be taken care of forever. I don't get all the royal bs, I not real cultural. Must be a Scots/Irish thing.

Archived